• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Introducing ProtectaClear: the smart coating option to protect your 30X stainless steel factory finish

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
The removal of ProtectaClear is simple and will not change the original finish at all. It can be stripped with Xylene or Xylene substitute (for those of us in California). We will be doing application videos this or next week and will include removal of the coating as well. I will be sure to post the videos in a separate thread on this forum so they are easy to find.
They are asking about the black plastic trim. What happens if either protectaclear or xylene get onto the black plastic fenders.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Thank you Protectaclear, for being on the forum!

Application Q -

When applying to the steel with whatever applicator you supply, what happens to nearby painted, plastic, rubber, glass etc parts when they accidentally get the product applied to them?

Not sure if using xylene, a pretty harsh solvent, on any of these “over-applied” parts is a good idea either.
ProtectaClear will not damage other hard surfaces such as glass, hard plastics, paint, etc. Any soft rubber, soft plastics will need to be protected from the coating while wet (during application). Once ProtectaClear has dried it will have no effect on these surfaces. To remove from hard surfaces you can use xylene or acetone, it will not damage glass or hard plastics. In fact, Everbrite coating (one of our other coatings) would be a great way to protect the hard plastic wheels and fenders.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I assume there has to be quite a "preparation" too to get the stainless as clean and perfect as possible before you seal it. Just like for Clear PPF. You don't want to seal in an inconsistent stainless look.

May have to do the Beekeper's Friend polishing to get all the panels as perfect as possible and then some kind of surface prep for the smart coating to adhere best as well.
You are correct, in that when you coat it, it seals in the look you have, so you must ensure that it looks exactly how you want it before coating. Barkeepers Friend is an acid based cleaner and it leaves a film, so before coating with ProtectaClear you must neutralize the acid. The kits will have a neutralizing soap in them for this purpose. We also have a stainless steel cleaner available, but we are waiting to test in on a Cybertruck before we suggest it for this purpose.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
The removal of ProtectaClear is simple and will not change the original finish at all. It can be stripped with Xylene or Xylene substitute (for those of us in California). We will be doing application videos this or next week and will include removal of the coating as well. I will be sure to post the videos in a separate thread on this forum so they are easy to find.

Excellent, if your product can indeed be removed without damaging the vehicle it is an affordable option that may solve the fingerprint issue with the CT.
Will be standing by for results/vids/pics. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I assume there has to be quite a "preparation" too to get the stainless as clean and perfect as possible before you seal it. Just like for Clear PPF. You don't want to seal in an inconsistent stainless look.

May have to do the Beekeper's Friend polishing to get all the panels as perfect as possible and then some kind of surface prep for the smart coating to adhere best as well.
We believe we have found the perfect preparation solution and have been testing it. We are doing a test on a CT later this week as well. Will post a video early next week.

cbertgo

First Name
Colbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast-tri-motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ProtectaClear® by Everbrite Coatings has been used for decades to protect stainless steel on various surfaces worldwide. From automobiles, trailers, buildings, architectural accents all the way down to jewelry, it is one of the most durable clear coatings on the market, able to withstand even the harshest of elements.

For the Cybertruck it is the only coating that will not change the original finish coloring while protecting it from fingerprints, tarnish, road salts and other corrosion. Check out our website for more information on how ProtectaClear can protect your Cybertruck's factory finish. Restore & Protect Your Tesla Cybertruck from Corrosion (everbritecoatings.com)
I’m waiting for their YouTube video, as promised on their website. Has anyone applied this Everbrite Coatings on their Cybertruck.? I hope it’s legit, i want stainless steel forever.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I’m waiting for their YouTube video, as promised on their website. Has anyone applied this Everbrite Coatings on their Cybertruck.? I hope it’s legit, i want stainless steel forever.
We are making videos this Friday, will have them posted in a new thread on this forum hopefully Monday.

JBerger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback
Country flag
How long does this product last? Also is there a warranty?

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I have a cybertruck. If you want to send me some I will apply and report back a review of the product for you.

tempImageXlI6Qz.png
i
I have a cybertruck. If you want to send me some I will apply and report back a review of the product for you.

tempImageXlI6Qz.png
We have had several people buy it to try, here is the link if you want to try it. Or I see you are in Redding, if you want to bring it down to Sacramento, we can do a test for you.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
How long does this product last? Also is there a warranty?
Here is the link to the FAQ's.
https://everbritecoatings.com/tesla-cybertruck#cybertruck-faqs

How often do I need to reapply ProtectaClear?

Usually every year or two, depending on the abuse you put your Cybertruck through. There is no need to strip the coating to reapply, ProtectaClear® will blend to itself and can be reapplied as needed, even with spot reapplication. The process is as simple as Wash-Dry-Reapply. Simply make sure the surface is clean and apply another layer of ProtectaClear. It is self-annealing, so it blends to itself even years later and maintains the strong layer of protection.

Everbrite, Inc. guarantees that our products are free of defects in material and workmanship and are manufactured in accordance to our company’s quality control standards. Our products are sold on the condition that the user will evaluate them, as well as our recommendations, to determine suitability for the users own purpose before using. Liability under any condition is limited to the replacement of material only. Everbrite™ Coating, ProtectaClear or CrobialCoat® will not yellow. When applied as directed according to manufacturer’s specifications and instructions, our coatings will not crack or peel. The longevity of the product is based on the condition and type of substrate to which it is applied. When two coats of either Everbrite Protective Coating™ or ProtectaClear are properly applied according to Manufacturers specifications, the metal should remain tarnish free for many years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
It smooths out the finish to the touch. Not that the CT has a deep surface profile, but it levels out the profile of the coated surface.

ehuna

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Last edited: