• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

ProtectaClear Cybertruck FAQ's Here

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Just wanted to drop my 2¢ here for new people since I applied it about two weeks ago. It was tricky to apply and took three coats to get really even coverage. I can still see some small spots where it dribbled a little or didn't quite even out but only from a couple feet away if I'm looking for it. Overall it's held up great so far and gone through some heavy rains. Dust and pollen that gets on it wipes right off without a problem.
I'm happy with how it performs especially for the cost but just be aware that it is a time intensive process and requires a lot care in the application.
A couple recommendations for people applying it, I had heard that the isopropyl alcohol in the kit didn't work very well for cleaning but that denatured alcohol did so that's what I used and it was great. When cleaning do that outside in full sun so you can better see any slight residue but apply the coating in the garage with the door open to prevent dust and bugs getting on it and to let the fumes out. I had to clean inside my garage and missed a couple spots because there wasn't enough light to see then properly. After cleaning you'll want to put frog tape and drop sheeting over the plastic and side windows. The can of protectaclear is way more than you need. Only pour out a little at a time. When applying the coating you don't need much and one applicator should get you through one entire coat. The second and third coats will get tacky almost immediately so don't get sloppy on those. Wear a double set of gloves when using the coating, I found it would start to diffuse through my nitrile gloves by the end of a coat.

I think that's everything. It's not difficult but it does take care and patience to do.
Thanks a bunch for your response. I wish more folks would inform the community of the process and some informative info. Your is appreciated.