• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

LK Machinery 9000 Ton press - Which Acquired IDRA in 2008

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
LK MACHINERY | THE WORLD PREMIERE OF DREAMPRESS 9000-TON GIGA PRESS DIE-CASTING MACHINE

Cybercab Robotaxi LK Machinery 9000 Ton press - Which Acquired IDRA in 2008 Big Press

LK GROUP HAS HELD A PRODUCT LAUNCH OF THE WORLD’S FIRST 9000T IN NINGBO, CHINA.

There are individuals, Representatives from the Government, Associations, and Media Professionals who attended to LK Ningbo Factory Open Day and The Summit Forum.

The world’s largest die-casting machine, again.
Two years after the world’s first 6000T die-casting machine launched in 2019, LK has achieved another remarkable milestone this year; building the world’s first 9000T machine. The new model is named Dreampress and the clamping force is 9000 tons which is the largest die-casting machine in the world. It has technological breakthrough that differentiates from the traditional toggle-based and toggle-free machines, which have higher performances and wider application ranges, to fully meet the needs of large-size single piece casting production for the automotive industry. It provides a solid foundation for the sustainable development of the die-casting industry.

Giga Press signing ceremony
One of the loyal customers of LK, who has been using more than 200 units of LK machines, has ordered 3 sets of LK Giga Press die-casting machines, which are 6800-ton, 8000-ton and 9000-ton. The signing ceremony was held during this event.

DREAMPRESS, the dream of die-casting
“At the beginning of the career, I supplied machines to customers that produce toy cars with die-casting. At that time, we have been dreaming whether it is possible to cast a full-size car in the same way. ” Said by the founder of LK Group, Liu Siong Song. “I believe this dream will soon come true in the near future.”

Source

Video

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
One of the loyal customers of LK, who has been using more than 200 units of LK machines, has ordered 3 sets of LK Giga Press die-casting machines, which are 6800-ton, 8000-ton and 9000-ton. The signing ceremony was held during this event.
Since I think Tesla is their only 8K Ton customer, is this a sort of backwards way of saying Tesla is buying a 9k Ton press also? Perhaps for the semi? The translation here seems to lose some of the meaning.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I have been pondering if Tesla plans to use a Giga Press to produce the battery pack assembly?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have been pondering if Tesla plans to use a Giga Press to produce the battery pack assembly?
They certainly haven’t talked about that, but I don’t think they’ve talked much about what the battery pack is made of in general. I think based on the fairly simple shape they can just make it out of stamped steel or cast aluminum? The front and rear assemblies are pretty complex, the battery pack is more or less just a big tray.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Since I think Tesla is their only 8K Ton customer, is this a sort of backwards way of saying Tesla is buying a 9k Ton press also? Perhaps for the semi? The translation here seems to lose some of the meaning.
unless they radically change the semi design, it's currently a more traditional body on frame semi truck design. Which, in reality, is easy to manufacture.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I hate saying stuff I'm not sure about ... but I recall hearing Sandy Monroe explain one long term advantage that Tesla has in design and manufacturing now is the gigapress. It's going to be a massive design advantage that other automakers can't replicate or overcome for years because only one company can make the presses, and Tesla has ordered so many that the cue is years long.

I'm looking for the video where he mentions it.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I hate saying stuff I'm not sure about ... but I recall hearing Sandy Monroe explain one long term advantage that Tesla has in design and manufacturing now is the gigapress. It's going to be a massive design advantage that other automakers can't replicate or overcome for years because only one company can make the presses, and Tesla has ordered so many that the cue is years long.

I recall watching the same video maybe a week or two ago

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

It’s an interesting parallel, exactly what Apple has done in the past… heck, it’s what they do now, Apple buys up most of TSMC’s cutting edge chip manufacturing for the iPhone and related products. People who can’t commit to hundreds of millions of units are stuck on the previous generation.

The thing is, there doesn’t have to be anything nefarious, it’s not like they are buying up capacity in order to screw over competitors, they are buying up capacity because they need it.

Just getting all of Tesla’s existing vehicles migrated over two IDRA would take 8 or more of these machines. Giga Texas is using 8 of them to start up new assembly lines and Giga Berlin a similar number.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Isn't this a different company?

-Crissa
Yeah, i thought it was Idra. Maybe, since this is a Chinese company, it is for their market. I understand that Tesla is the only foreign company that China has allowed to own their operation outright. All the others are in partnerships with Chinese companies.