• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Ballistic Glass for Cybertrucks (Bulletproof Windows)

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
how do these glass solutions deal with emergency responders having to break into a vehicle to assist or treat the occupants--is it still fairly easy for them to do so?
The existing laminated (stays together) glass would be *way* different than the tempered (shatters into small pieces) glass already.

I think they would break it the same/similar way. They were clear it is "bullet proof" for smaller calibers so it is not unbreakable.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
No disrespect to the OP or anyone considering upgrading to this but where do you live and what do you do to need bulletproof glass? Head of a Mexican drug cartel?

Last edited:

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Do disrespect to the OP or anyone considering upgrading to this but where do you live and what do you do to need bulletproof glass? Head of a Mexican drug cartel?
Portland, Chicago, San Francisco... lots of places around here that having extra protection would be nice.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Since this is a manufactured aftermarket product, are you offering a "manufactured tint" to this drop in replacement or will we have to tint it after the fact? Is there any material science at play here that refracts or reflects light differently that a should be noted?

OP
OP
CyberTruckGlass

CyberTruckGlass

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Glass Manufacturer
Country flag
Does this also include the windshield?
As of right now we can only make the doors. The Cybertruck windshield is to big to fit in our current bending ovens. We are making larger ones specififally for the Cybertruck.

Cybercab Robotaxi Ballistic Glass for Cybertrucks (Bulletproof Windows) Oven

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Portland, Chicago, San Francisco... lots of places around here that having extra protection would be nice.
I’m sure there are many more cities that can be added to that list but if you haven’t considered bulletproofing any vehicle prior to this one, why is now the time you would need it? If you’re in a profession that makes you more at risk for robbery or attack more so than any other person I completely understand.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I’m sure there are many more cities that can be added to that list but if you haven’t considered bulletproofing any vehicle prior to this one, why is now the time you would need it? If you’re in a profession that makes you more at risk for robbery or attack more so than any other person I completely understand.
Some people live by the mindset of "better to have it and not need it".

I, for example, always carry a flashlight in my pocket. When I started carrying one, I didn't for one second think "well I never carried one before, why would I need to carry one now?"

Also, some people may just think it's cool. The doors are bulletproof, may as well put the windows in as well.

Who knows what each person is considering it for.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Some people live by the mindset of "better to have it and not need it".

I, for example, always carry a flashlight in my pocket. When I started carrying one, I didn't for one second think "well I never carried one before, why would I need to carry one now?"

Also, some people may just think it's cool. The doors are bulletproof, may as well put the windows in as well.

Who knows what each person is considering it for.
Agreed and I don’t disparage anyone for choosing to install them. Whatever reason they have for installing them is valid, needed or not.

Carrying a flashlight is really not a great comparison though because you’re far more likely to need extra light at any given time than be in a situation where you’re getting shot at while in your vehicle. Hence, why most cellphones have flashlights as a standard feature but I get your point.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Considering something that is becoming a mainstream product with “reasonable” aftermarket support is par for the course.

years ago people asked these same questions about the proper off-road/rock crawling/over landing community, when it was becoming mainstream because OEMs started building for it in mainstream offerings. (And frankly many of these vehicles with after market parts rarely if ever are used to their potential)

Now that Cybertrucks are offering some bullet “resistant” properties, we are seeing that become a larger perspective.

OP
OP
CyberTruckGlass

CyberTruckGlass

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Glass Manufacturer
Country flag
Since this is a manufactured aftermarket product, are you offering a "manufactured tint" to this drop in replacement or will we have to tint it after the fact? Is there any material science at play here that refracts or reflects light differently that a should be noted?
Our glass comes with a 25% tint. If customers desire a darker option, we offer a 14% light transmission option.

Notably, our armored glass is extensively used in thousands of police vehicles in Texas without reported issues related to refraction or reflections. Its appearance seamlessly integrates with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) aesthetics.

Cybercab Robotaxi Ballistic Glass for Cybertrucks (Bulletproof Windows) tint3

Hello4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
Our glass comes with a 25% tint. If customers desire a darker option, we offer a 14% light transmission option.

Notably, our armored glass is extensively used in thousands of police vehicles in Texas without reported issues related to refraction or reflections. Its appearance seamlessly integrates with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) aesthetics.

tint3.jpg
Interested! When will the windshield solution be GA?

Any early bird discounts/promotions?

OP
OP
CyberTruckGlass

CyberTruckGlass

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Glass Manufacturer
Country flag
Interesting that it is thin enough to go up and down, any rough idea on price, and assume it is per window as some people won't want the back windows bulletproof but will want the drivers?
Thank you for your inquiry! The price per door glass is $1,900.

The attached picture shows how the bullet is deformed upon impact. The door glass can stop 25 evenly spaced rounds. Two inch spacing between shots.

Cybercab Robotaxi Ballistic Glass for Cybertrucks (Bulletproof Windows) 9mm Shot

Last edited:

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
Better to have and not need, than the opposite.

(if one can afford it that is; although minimum price for all CTs delivered so far have exceeded $100K so what’s another paltry $11K right?)??‍♂

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
You know, actually $7600 for all four door windows that will offer the same protection as the door steel itself sounds reasonably good enough. With NV taxes and licensing I plan on spending at least $132K+ on the Beast anyway, so since I am already this deep down the fiscal rabbit hole, what’s another 5.75% right? ?

To me it would make for an even more appealing vehicle, especially for those who worry about getting shot at as they drive by…(yeah I’m thinking post-year resale situation if need be)