• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Ballistic Glass for Cybertrucks (Bulletproof Windows)

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
The price per window is $1,900. The glass has to roll up and down because this is a feature when you shut the door.
So basically 8k for the 4 windows if you did them all. Any plans on doing the mega windshield, or to big?

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
That's an Amazon link, man.

-Crissa
How is a regular person supposed to know that. I have used Amazon for over 23 years and bought something almost daily (including most weekend days) on Amazon for last 15 years and average 10s of google searches everyday (including most weekend days) for over 20 years.

Still I don't care if it is a Amazon link short. I don't use cryptic or shortened type links.

I almost never post a naked link. I almost always post a title so someone can do their own search to find the info.

I do this so

1. Reader aren't required to trust my link

2. Links to web sites in different countries are not always reliable. Even big retail sites.
Even Amazon, Walmart, Sony, Apple, computer systems & parts companies, auto companies.
I have found web sites at many large international companies where it looks impossible to manually request language change to something other than what their auto language setting algorithm decided you will get even if they really do have the web pages in the language you want.

3. Link rot due to change at destination web site. Readers of thread in weeks, months, years in future have high chance link will not work.

If the link does not work from the readers location they can hopefully find the info by doing their own search.

------------

Could original link poster please post here the manufacturer name and product model name or title?

Last edited:

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
How is a regular person supposed to know that. I have used Amazon for over 23 years and bought something almost daily (including most weekend days) on Amazon for last 15 years and average 10s of google searches everyday (including most weekend days) for over 20 years.

Still I don't care if it is a Amazon link short. I don't use cryptic or shortened type links.

I almost never post a naked link. I almost always post a title so someone can do their own search to find the info.

I do this so

1. Reader aren't required to trust my link

2. Links to web sites in different countries are not always reliable. Even big retail sites.
Even Amazon, Walmart, Sony, Apple, computer systems & parts companies, auto companies.
I have found web sites at many large international companies where it looks impossible to manually request language change to something other than what their auto language setting algorithm decided you will get even if they really do have the web pages in the language you want.

3. Link rot due to change at destination web site. Readers of thread in weeks, months, years in future have high chance link will not work.

If the link does not work from the readers location they can hopefully find the info by doing their own search.

------------

Could original link poster please post here the manufacturer name and product model name or title?
When you see -Crissa.. Crissa has spoken and she's the truth. ;)

Here you go mate: https://www.isbi.us/cyberglass.htm

And the link to the other post: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0863GHBLM?starsLeft=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_KKQ9C3S3MVJZB3WC2N6M

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
When you see -Crissa.. Crissa has spoken and she's the truth. ;)

Here you go mate: https://www.isbi.us/cyberglass.htm

And the link to the other post: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0863GHBLM?starsLeft=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_KKQ9C3S3MVJZB3WC2N6M

Thanks for the info.

Many retail sites and even other sites put personal tracking in their links.
For example the Amazon link you posted just now. And this includes Amazon knowing who your friends are. Sharing the full link allows Amazon to know everyone who uses the link have some type of relationship and who started the link chain (especially if you were logged into Amazon at the time).

The text string from middle to end of the link you posted is the tracking
"?starsLeft=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_KKQ9C3S3MVJZB3WC2N6M"

It is best to crop off that part of the URL if you want to stop the tracking

My decades of experience from using Amazon in multiple countries has shown just using the the string before the first "?" is enough.

"www.amazon.com/dp/B0863GHBLM" is stripped link without embedded tracking string

The string between /dp/" and the "?" is the real Amazon ID for the product (also called ASIN)
The "B0863GHBLM"

Also be aware the ASIN code Amazon uses can vary by Amazon country web site (amazon.con vs, amazon.com.mx vs amazon.de vs amazon.co.uk, etc). The ASIN might be the same for the product in a different country but it might not.

You can also usually use Amazon search feature using just the ASIN. In the search box put B0863GHBLM or "B0863GHBLM" or ASIN "B0863GHBLM"

Also I always use the stripped Amazon link even when I save link to my private email.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Thanks for the info.

Many retail sites and even other sites put personal tracking in their links.
For example the Amazon link you posted just now. And this includes Amazon knowing who your friends are. Sharing the full link allows Amazon to know everyone who uses the link have some type of relationship and who started the link chain (especially if you were logged into Amazon at the time).

The text string from middle to end of the link you posted is the tracking
"?starsLeft=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_KKQ9C3S3MVJZB3WC2N6M"

It is best to crop off that part of the URL if you want to stop the tracking

My decades of experience from using Amazon in multiple countries has shown just using the the string before the first "?" is enough.

"www.amazon.com/dp/B0863GHBLM" is stripped link without embedded tracking string

The string between /dp/" and the "?" is the real Amazon ID for the product (also called ASIN)
The "B0863GHBLM"

Also be aware the ASIN code Amazon uses can vary by Amazon country web site (amazon.con vs, amazon.com.mx vs amazon.de vs amazon.co.uk, etc). The ASIN might be the same for the product in a different country but it might not.

You can also usually use Amazon search feature using just the ASIN. In the search box put B0863GHBLM or "B0863GHBLM" or ASIN "B0863GHBLM"

Also I always use the stripped Amazon link even when I save link to my private email.
And security best practices just say don't click on the links unless you know where they come from.
Having to open up a secret decoder isn't a security "best practice"

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
It is not cheap but lets be real.
Truck base cost is $80 and $100k
Currently everyone with one paid an extra $20k to get it early
A LOT of people are dropping another $10k on wraps/tints

So yea it is a good chunk of money, but depending what you live and what you do it may be less "crazy" to spend 10k on BRG than a purple PPF?
Exactly this for me. I'm not going to get the foundation series because the main value in it is the v2h equipment, which I already have from power wall install.

Questions for op: how does this affect weather seal and wind noise on a frameless window like the CT?
I realize you don't have the windshield yet, but what are typical windshield life spans like vs pitting, road rocks, normal wear?

OP
OP
CyberTruckGlass

CyberTruckGlass

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Glass Manufacturer
Country flag
We have made ballistic glass for frameless vehicles like Audi. Our glass is a bit thicker on the edge. For it to fit usually an internal lip in the weather trim is removed. Thus eliminating wind noise.

As for regular windshields our is harder to break because it’s thicker. 4mm vs 2.5mm. About equivalent to the CT 2mm borosilicate.