• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

ProtectaClear Cybertruck FAQ's Here

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying @Riddleric, it is important to follow our Cybertruck Specific Instructions and use the same products from the kit as that is what we tested and how we achieved the best results. Also based on user feedback we are including more of the specialty applicators in the kits to ensure smooth application for the entire project.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
We have another collaboration with a local detail shop at the end of this month and have a list of topics from the other thread. Feel free to offer more though and we will try to cover them.
Dropping this here, when you do your application colab some things that would be nice to see are.

Do one panel (driver door) and leave the passenger door uncoated.
Let them fully cure then take pictures of:
Both panes in full sun, close up, far away, wet, and dry

So we can see what the CT looks like with and without the coating, having the panels side by side coated and uncoated is really the only way to do this.

Also would be cool to have a video showing the stripping process. Cured protectaclear on a panel, and removing it to alleviate fear about how hard it is to remove.

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag
I read somewhere that someone said they applied vinyl right ontop of EverBrite without removing it. I wonder if anyone else in this forum has done it. I intend on using the EverBrite kit until I have time to do a DIY wrap (also figure out what color :)) I don't want to have to remove the EverBrite if I don't have to.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I read somewhere that someone said they applied vinyl right ontop of EverBrite without removing it. I wonder if anyone else in this forum has done it. I intend on using the EverBrite kit until I have time to do a DIY wrap (also figure out what color :)) I don't want to have to remove the EverBrite if I don't have to.
The detailer we are working with Dazzle’s said they loved how well the PPF adheres to ProtectaClear. We will have videos showing this in the coming weeks. We have a few trucks coming in this week and will have lots of new videos from the event.

juzkuz

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
@ProtectaClear - ordered my kit two weeks ago and it arrived quickly! That being said, I haven't started the application process on my CT as I fear I need a long period of time dedicated to get it all applied. Can you give an estimate for how long I will need to apply the process myself?

I'm really looking forward to having it finished with both ProtectaClear and Everbrite!

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
@ProtectaClear - ordered my kit two weeks ago and it arrived quickly! That being said, I haven't started the application process on my CT as I fear I need a long period of time dedicated to get it all applied. Can you give an estimate for how long I will need to apply the process myself?

I'm really looking forward to having it finished with both ProtectaClear and Everbrite!
Hi Ken, users have confirmed, the whole truck should take 3-4 hours, but most of that is cleaning. Please be sure you read the FULL directions before you start and watch the videos. The Bearded Tesla Guy does a great job showing/explaining the process and how to fix any issues that may show. I highly suggest watching the video before you apply. Start on the small front panel so you can perfect your technique and if you are having any issues, please stop and call our offices so we can help you.

juzkuz

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Hi Ken, users have confirmed, the whole truck should take 3-4 hours, but most of that is cleaning. Please be sure you read the FULL directions before you start and watch the videos. The Bearded Tesla Guy does a great job showing/explaining the process and how to fix any issues that may show. I highly suggest watching the video before you apply. Start on the small front panel so you can perfect your technique and if you are having any issues, please stop and call our offices so we can help you.
Thanks! I did watch his video as well - just wanted your estimate on top of it all - I want to be sure to finish the job once I start ;)

I'll review your videos before starting as well - thank you for the quick reply!

CyberNickOH

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Tesla CT AWD FS
Country flag
It says the gallon does 1000sf. My brain says the car is 20 feet long and about 5 feet of panels. So like 150sf with the front and back. So is 1 quart the amount needed?

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag
How has everyone's experience materialized with the Protectaclear? Is it deemed the best option? Haven't heard too much chatter about it lately. Is it still the way to fly??

Jayse

First Name
Jayse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation, Model 3
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
How has everyone's experience materialized with the Protectaclear? Is it deemed the best option? Haven't heard too much chatter about it lately. Is it still the way to fly??
I'm just finding this as well and have the same question. ?

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Thanks! I did watch his video as well - just wanted your estimate on top of it all - I want to be sure to finish the job once I start ;)

I'll review your videos before starting as well - thank you for the quick reply!
JuzKuz did you apply the protectaclear yet? I’m headed home from vacation tomorrow and want to start mine.

juzkuz

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
JuzKuz did you apply the protectaclear yet? I’m headed home from vacation tomorrow and want to start mine.
Not yet - crazy time of year for me - but I may get it done within the week

chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
Just wanted to drop my 2¢ here for new people since I applied it about two weeks ago. It was tricky to apply and took three coats to get really even coverage. I can still see some small spots where it dribbled a little or didn't quite even out but only from a couple feet away if I'm looking for it. Overall it's held up great so far and gone through some heavy rains. Dust and pollen that gets on it wipes right off without a problem.
I'm happy with how it performs especially for the cost but just be aware that it is a time intensive process and requires a lot care in the application.
A couple recommendations for people applying it, I had heard that the isopropyl alcohol in the kit didn't work very well for cleaning but that denatured alcohol did so that's what I used and it was great. When cleaning do that outside in full sun so you can better see any slight residue but apply the coating in the garage with the door open to prevent dust and bugs getting on it and to let the fumes out. I had to clean inside my garage and missed a couple spots because there wasn't enough light to see then properly. After cleaning you'll want to put frog tape and drop sheeting over the plastic and side windows. The can of protectaclear is way more than you need. Only pour out a little at a time. When applying the coating you don't need much and one applicator should get you through one entire coat. The second and third coats will get tacky almost immediately so don't get sloppy on those. Wear a double set of gloves when using the coating, I found it would start to diffuse through my nitrile gloves by the end of a coat.

I think that's everything. It's not difficult but it does take care and patience to do.