• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Pressure Washing ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Great news! We tested the ProtectaClear coated panels with a pressure washer and there was no damage to the coating. So you are good to pressure wash your CT.

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO HERE

We tried all of the tips and even the harshest did no damage to the coating on our test panels. See the chart below, we would recommend sticking with the white or green nozzles at a PSI of 1200-2000. But as you can see in the video, we went all the way to red without damaging the coating.

You will see there are fingerprints on the non coated section of the larger panel which were not removed during the pressure washing, however we weren’t trying to clean them, just testing the water pressure to prove the durability of the coating.

Again, we aren't videography professionals, just trying to share our processes with you all. Hopefully this waylays the concerns about washing the CT after coating with ProtectaClear.

Cybercab Robotaxi Pressure Washing ProtectaClear IMG_3142

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Woa that is pretty big.
The fact I can PW my car (and my guess is take it through a carwash) with PC on it to keep the fingerprint maddess away is big.
THANKS for doing that video?

Does a great job of showing how the PC looks vs bare stainless.
Any idea what series stainless that was? 304 316?

Cybercab Robotaxi Pressure Washing ProtectaClear zimage7510

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Woa that is pretty big.
The fact I can PW my car (and my guess is take it through a carwash) with PC on it to keep the fingerprint maddess away is big.
THANKS for doing that video?

Does a great job of showing how the PC looks vs bare stainless.
Any idea what series stainless that was? 304 316?

zimage7510.png
Not sure as these were scrap pieces of stainless, however the two panels were definitely two different grades as they were completely different textures, colors, grains and thicknesses.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure as these were scrap pieces of stainless, however the two panels were definitely two different grades as they were completely different textures, colors, grains and thicknesses.
Ok thanks, one other follow up question.
Around 45s it shows the treated and untreated section. Pictured below
Did you wipe off the raw stainless on the right, you can see the fingerprints at the top
It is interesting that there are a lot more water droplets on the left side, is that something you noticed?

Cybercab Robotaxi Pressure Washing ProtectaClear zimage7515

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Great video. Your product is tough! As soon as I get my VIN I'll be ordering.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Happy news and my Protectaclear order was delivered today! Too bad my vin isn’t assigned yet.
Yeaaaaa I was going to order some today, but with the shelf life being 3 years figure my CT might not be delivered yet :)

Although I might get some ahead of time just to play around with it on some scrap metal.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Ok thanks, one other follow up question.
Around 45s it shows the treated and untreated section. Pictured below
Did you wipe off the raw stainless on the right, you can see the fingerprints at the top
It is interesting that there are a lot more water droplets on the left side, is that something you noticed?

zimage7515.png
Nope, that was both sides wet. The water is just beading up on the ProtectaClear coated side. While it is not truly hydrophobic, you can see throughout the video how the water just beads up and runs off the coated part of the panels.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Yeaaaaa I was going to order some today, but with the shelf life being 3 years figure my CT might not be delivered yet :)

Although I might get some ahead of time just to play around with it on some scrap metal.
I am not sure where you saw that the shelf life is 3 years, as it has an indefinite shelf life in a properly sealed container. We have had people use it and have left overs that they open 7+ years later and it is still just as good as new. As long as no contaminants or moisture are introduced, the coating will last a very very long time.

But I sure hope you get your CT sooner than 3 years! I see they are ramping up production.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nope, that was both sides wet. The water is just beading up on the ProtectaClear coated side. While it is not truly hydrophobic, you can see throughout the video how the water just beads up and runs off the coated part of the panels.
Ok thanks, in the video it looks like the water falls off the untreated side quickly where the ProtectaClear side has larger and more persistent water droplets. Is it your experience that PC causes some puddling or more persistent water droplets to stay on the stainless? Not a big deal if you are drying the car after but it might contribute to water spots?
Cybercab Robotaxi Pressure Washing ProtectaClear zimage7516

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Are you saying that you applied "PermaClear" to your new CyberTruck? If so, did you;

a. Apply it by the directions?
b. Allow it to cure properly before taking photographs?
c. Tell us when you took the photograph after application.
d. Show a photo of your CyberTruck from a distance that allows the viewer to see the panels are on the truck.
e. Have you applied a 2nd coat to smooth out the finish?

It is supposed to be self leveling so applying another coat would cure your complaints I thought?

Last edited:

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag
I am wondering how Protectaclear works with auto car washes both clothless(touchless) and cloth. Which particular settings on both should not be used (i.e. Bug, Wax)