• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Introducing ProtectaClear: the smart coating option to protect your 30X stainless steel factory finish

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I am in Sacramento, and should be receiving my CT soon. I “may” be interested in letting you test the tailgate or something like that.
That would be great! If you don't like it, we can remove it easily with no damage to the finish. I have reached out to a few owners in the bay who have received theirs already. Please let me know when you receive yours!

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
I'm awaiting my VIN 12/20 order date..I live in Oregon, but will be taking a trip to LA. I'd possibly be willing to let you try it as well if I get mine before someone else.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
This is awesome! I’m looking forward to it as well. I have seen several members in this forum taking deliveries in CA. I hope we can see a video showing the results soon.

Is this safe in terms of chemicals and stuff? I workout in the garage, and I don’t want to be breathing something that’s chemically strong or harmful.
The smell is strong during application, but once ProtectaClear dries, there is no smell and it does not leach into the environment.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
I'm awaiting my VIN 12/20 order date..I live in Oregon, but will be taking a trip to LA. I'd possibly be willing to let you try it as well if I get mine before someone else.
You will drive right through Sacramento, we are only about 20 minutes out of your way. Let me know when you are planning your trip.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
ProtectaClear® by Everbrite Coatings has been used for decades to protect stainless steel on various surfaces worldwide. From automobiles, trailers, buildings, architectural accents all the way down to jewelry, it is one of the most durable clear coatings on the market, able to withstand even the harshest of elements.

For the Cybertruck it is the only coating that will not change the original finish coloring while protecting it from fingerprints, tarnish, road salts and other corrosion. Check out our website for more information on how ProtectaClear can protect your Cybertruck's factory finish. Restore & Protect Your Tesla Cybertruck from Corrosion (everbritecoatings.com)
First. thank you for reaching out and being a site sponsor!! Way cool!
And that you are also a reservation holder even cooler!!

I read up a little on your website, including the FAQ. A few clarifying questions.

- If not local and I order your product, do I apply it with brushes and/or a cloth ((like a car wax) or should I hire a paint shop to spray the truck?
- any problem with discoloration due to extended UV exposure?
- I understand touch ups can just be manually wiped on?
- Can (should?) the coating be waxed over or just left as is?
- I saw a caution about power washing the coating, can the vehicle be taken through car washes without concern?
- What else?

Thanks again!!

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
First. thank you for reaching out and being a site sponsor!! Way cool!
And that you are also a reservation holder even cooler!!

I read up a little on your website, including the FAQ. A few clarifying questions.

- If not local and I order your product, do I apply it with brushes and/or a cloth ((like a car wax) or should I hire a paint shop to spray the truck?
- I understand touch ups can just be manually wiped on?
- I saw a caution about power washing the coating, can the vehicle be taken through car washes without concern?
- What else?

Thanks again!!
Thank you for the great questions!! Let me answer 1 by 1.

- If not local and I order your product, do I apply it with brushes and/or a cloth ((like a car wax) or should I hire a paint shop to spray the truck? It is up to you how you want to apply but we sell to hundreds of thousands of homeowners who apply our coatings themselves. It is not difficult and we send full instructions along with an applicator and gloves with every order. We are simply the coating manufacturer, so we do not provide application services, even locally.

No, ProtectaClear is UV stable and will protect the bare metal below. IF you had a painted surface, like a regularly painted car or plastic trim, you would want to use Everbrite™ as it has strong UV blockers to protect the color.

- I understand touch ups can just be manually wiped on? Yes, it is as simple as Wash-Dry-Reapply. Simply make sure the surface is clean and apply another layer of ProtectaClear. It is self-annealing, so it blends to itself even years later and creates a stronger layer of protection.

NO! You will not need to wax over the coating, it keeps it's finish for years and if you do see a spot that needs touch-up you can simply re-apply as mentioned above.

You will not want to take it through anything that is too strong or abrasive, but any touch-less carwash should be fine.

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model X
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
If this coating works without altering the appearance, I would buy it in a heartbeat for that price. The question would be how it reacts with this specific stainless steel. It’s surely different than my Sub Zero fridge, but maybe not in ways that matter?

if this is applied, would it make wrapping the vehicle more difficult in the future?

RadoRage

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future CyberTruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I am in Sacramento, and should be receiving my CT soon. I “may” be interested in letting you test the tailgate or something like that.
Also near Sac, hope to see yours driving around soon! Still waiting for the non-FS editions to be released :(

Reactions: Jow
OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
If this coating works without altering the appearance, I would buy it in a heartbeat for that price. The question would be how it reacts with this specific stainless steel. It’s surely different than my Sub Zero fridge, but maybe not in ways that matter?

if this is applied, would it make wrapping the vehicle more difficult in the future?
I understand your concern but ProtectaClear is used on different grade stainless in various parts of the world. The Cybertruck should be no different. The coating does not react with the metal in any way, it creates a durable layer on top of the metal. If you decide to wrap it you will want to remove the ProtectaClear with Xylene so you are back to bare stainless. It is an easy process to remove the coating as well and there is no change to the metal below.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
Well this is something I would use... And I'm still super anti-Windex!! Just say no to Windex.

EMoeller

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches (992 Turbo S, 993 Turbo, 993 Targa) Prius
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
This looks awesome! My CyberBeast won't arrive until after mid-year but I'm going to let my detailer in Santa Rosa (Auto Sport Detailing) know about this.
You should also contact Tesla directly as them may want you to toll a product for them....

Thanks for sponsoring this forum....