• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

? [Updated w/ livestream event] Tesla announces Global Engineering HQ in Palo Alto California

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
The amount of engineering IQ that building complex has held over the years is staggering. HP was a big brain juggernaut in its prime. The fact that Tesla engineering is now resident there just feels right, an aura.

Too bad the HP I am referring to ceased to exist years and years ago and the current iterations are on life support and sad MBA ridden entities with no hope to innovate anything anymore.

The King(HP) is Dead, Long live the King(Tesla).
'Just the Vibe of the thing' ( The Castle )

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
Here's the livestream event:

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...lifornia-engineering-headquarters-2023-02-22/

Tesla to base engineering headquarters in California

SAN FRANCISCO, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Electric-vehicle maker Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) will make its global engineering headquarters in California, Chief Executive Elon Musk and the state's governor, Gavin Newsom, announced on Wednesday.

Tesla in December 2021 moved its corporate headquarters from Silicon Valley’s Palo Alto, California, to Austin, Texas, where it is operating a new car factory, and billionaire Musk himself moved from Los Angeles to the Lone Star State, which does not have state income tax.

Democratic-controlled California and Republican-led Texas are political and business rivals. California has more electric vehicles than any state and provided Tesla with tax incentives as it grew, while Texas is known for relatively light regulation.

The company's first factory was in California and many engineers remain in the state, a global hub for technology. The EV maker's factory in the San Francisco Bay Area city of Fremont will produce more than 600,000 vehicles this year, Musk said.

Tesla's new engineering headquarters will be in a former Hewlett Packard building in Palo Alto. "This is a poetic transition from the company that founded Silicon Valley to Tesla," Musk said.

"Given that the Bay Area in California is home to many leading tech companies, it makes sense for Tesla’s engineering headquarters to be located there as a way to attract top talent," said Seth Goldstein, an analyst at Morningstar.
Maybe be becomes known as 'THE CASTLE'
First off, this might just be one of Elon's best Chess Moves.
And secondly, I'm sure he has a 'MOAT' to spare.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Maybe be becomes known as 'THE CASTLE'
First off, this might just be one of Elon's best Chess Moves.
And secondly, I'm sure he has a 'MOAT' to spare.
Looks like the moat is beginning to crumble, albeit slowly, specifically in the land of cheap-knock off China.

The race (pun unintended) and the next winner will be from those who can come up with longer range and can hurdle the challenges of huge drop in range when towing and winter driving.

It might call for new battery tech and/or materials but then news are slow in coming from the battery company that Elon bought.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
They will collect many already there into the new building.. but still, a damn big facility.

Could it be Robot AI as an add on service. There would be scenarios where the Robot needs to adapt to.. Millions of uses. Thats a start.

I just reference the works I can track over the next few years. I feel this move looks like Tesla is just in its first innings.
So in this _EGGSAMPLE_ The Hen Palace (HP) came first.
Knowing what we now see, l believe California will be the FIRST Tesla ROBOTAXI State, giving Elon the GREENLIGHT, and begin to unleash THE FLEET. And l'm staying with a date as late as December 31, 2023, even though l've read today Tesla is focused on 2024 for FSD without driver.
Yep

A year or so ago, I thought the enemies of Tesla would delay Robotaixi in the US, I did think somewhere like Soudi Arabia, or Singapore would be the first small step to break the ice.

But I think you are right , California is on the front foot, and I reckon they will approve the Robotaxi before anyone else.

Which bodes well for Tesla. A Tesla hotbed, with high FSD take up rate. Will be an overnight financial windfall for Tesla.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
They will collect many already there into the new building.. but still, a damn big facility.

Could it be Robot AI as an add on service. There would be scenarios where the Robot needs to adapt to.. Millions of uses. Thats a start.

I just reference the works I can track over the next few years. I feel this move looks like Tesla is just in its first innings.

Yep

A year or so ago, I thought the enemies of Tesla would delay Robotaixi in the US, I did think somewhere like Soudi Arabia, or Singapore would be the first small step to break the ice.

But I think you are right , California is on the front foot, and I reckon they will approve the Robotaxi before anyone else.

Which bodes well for Tesla. A Tesla hotbed, with high FSD take up rate. Will be an overnight financial windfall for Tesla.
You're right! Their batting average is up there with Bradman.
This HQ2 is a big swing over the boundary, for a SIX

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
So in this _EGGSAMPLE_ The Hen Palace (HP) came first.
Knowing what we now see, l believe California will be the FIRST Tesla ROBOTAXI State, giving Elon the GREENLIGHT, and begin to unleash THE FLEET. And l'm staying with a date as late as December 31, 2023, even though l've read today Tesla is focused on 2024 for FSD without driver.
My money is on Nevada, for many reasons. The governor of Nevada is in love with Tesla. Also, I imagine Robotaxi service in Vegas would be awesome. Parking in Vegas and driving around with a rental car is a joke. It would be awesome to fly into Vegas and not have to rent a car, or ride around in filthy cabs with drivers you can't even understand what they are saying. Robotaxi's would be disrupting the taxi drivers & rental car companies.
It makes sense in so many ways! First, they go with driverless in the tunnels, then go above ground.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My money is on Nevada, for many reasons. The governor of Nevada is in love with Tesla. Also, I imagine Robotaxi service in Vegas would be awesome. Parking in Vegas and driving around with a rental car is a joke. It would be awesome to fly into Vegas and not have to rent a car, or ride around in filthy cabs with drivers you can't even understand what they are saying. Robotaxi's would be disrupting the taxi drivers & rental car companies.
It makes sense in so many ways! First, they go with driverless in the tunnels, then go above ground.
You realize Robotaxis will still be dirty cabs with drivers you can't understand what they're saying, right?

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
You can never satisfy all the people all the time. Detractors are just part of life, when you make the big leagues.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have followed Tesla forensically since I bought shares in 2018. I bought it at $300, and now pre splits adjusted the share price is $3000.

The FUD has kept coming from $300 to $3000. Each stage of FUD has been debunked by performance. But of course, new FUD narratives are born.

We are at the point where companies are going to have to appropriate expense to bare bone survival, and less to MSM.

Tesla will also nearly double profits and volume in 2023... We are just now entering a new era of truth and support.

Last edited:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Governors around the country have a long history of loving those who bring thousands of high-paying jobs to their state.

I worry about the mental well-being of Elon's numerous detractors who act like Elon is not making the world a much better place. The way in which this will continue to unfold will show them to be on the wrong side of history.

Elon's detractors are not credible to anyone who knows the actual facts. They will never amount to anything other than the small-minded people they already are.
Or how about not generalizing all detractors as luddites.

Many detractors see blind faith in a single person to the point of worship as a red flag, despite personally agreeing with the motives and goals, or hoping that he succeeds in achieving or assisting the arrival of those goals.

There are plenty of examples on how this type of worship has gone wrong in history. Especially recent history.

All humans are flawed. Including the smartest ones.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Or how about not generalizing all detractors as luddites.

Many detractors see blind faith in a single person to the point of worship as a red flag, despite personally agreeing with the motives and goals, or hoping that he succeeds in achieving or assisting the arrival of those goals.

There are plenty of examples on how this type of worship has gone wrong in history. Especially recent history.

All humans are flawed. Including the smartest ones.
Who said anything about blind faith or not having any flaws?

I'm suggesting that people should base their analysis on facts, things that have actually happened even when most people said it was impossible. Repeatedly.

The idea that it's foolish to bet against Elon Musk is grounded in the fact that he has a long history of outsized successes, that he has a history of doing what he says he's going to do even if it's a bit late. There's a reason why he's one of the wealthiest people in the history of humanity.

Elon's detractors don't have 1/100th the accomplishments under their belt that he has and that makes them feel small. It's why they try to tear him down, they try to convince you that they know more than he does about how to run a company, that he's doing it all wrong. But the numbers don't lie. Yes, it's a small-minded person that ignores everything that happened in the past while they try to tear down one of the most accomplished humans in our lifetimes.