• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Why is WAYMO so much better than FSD ?

OP
OP
Jack27

Jack27

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/model3
Hallingass didn't bother to provide any sources for their arguments, so they appear to be sharing an opinion instead of facts. So the post doesn't merit me taking the time to debunk it. But I will add this:
People might like personally like FSD better, and that's fine, but by any available objective measurement, Waymo is years, if not decades ahead of Tesla.
So why would it be so hard for either company to just steal from the other or cherry pick employees and figure out what the other is doing to keep up.? It sounds literally crazy to say or think Tesla is “years behind “ of even WAYMO that far behind them for that matter. It seems if the data and tech is out there these smart guys can figure out what the othet guy has better ?

SeattleBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast 2024
So why would it be so hard for either company to just steal from the other or cherry pick employees and figure out what the other is doing to keep up.? It sounds literally crazy to say or think Tesla is “years behind “ of even WAYMO that far behind them for that matter. It seems if the data and tech is out there these smart guys can figure out what the othet guy has better ?
Well, if Tesla still hasn't hit milestones that Waymo hit years ago... then it's several years behind. Pretty much a textbook example of what being several years behind means.

And it's not just Waymo. Did you click that link of autonomous cars operating in Arizona? 13 companies have applied for permits in the state. Tesla is not one of them.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you're asking about stealing tech/employees.

OP
OP
Jack27

Jack27

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/model3
Well, if Tesla still hasn't hit milestones that Waymo hit years ago... then it's several years behind. Pretty much a textbook example of what being several years behind means.

And it's not just Waymo. Did you click that link of autonomous cars operating in Arizona? 13 companies have applied for permits in the state. Tesla is not one of them.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you're asking about stealing tech/employees.
That’s dramatic you seems to of won the battle with crista though 😆

CTSoFL

Went to the Pen state SC game today but we won’t talk about that L ! This was the first time I really used my FSD in “LA Traffic” and super crowded area. I Def had to take over a few times. One was someone making a left turn sticking into my lane a little bit and I definitely waited till the last second to see if it would correct it self and It didn’t. Another was it kind of stuttered with the steering wheel couldn’t get over and missed the street then put me back on the freeway and doubled back.. but the real I guess “confusion” for me is why am I seeing Waymo cars in numbers all around the campus and area self driving alone with Zero issues in large crowds? My truck would have crashed 3 times and these things seem all good with no one inside them?
Define "better".

OP
OP
Jack27

Jack27

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/model3
Define "better".
Honestly? Like better means I watch a car next to me drive by me with no one in it in a collage campus area and 17 kids crossing a street after the light is red while I hav to correct my truck with me inside it ? Define better ? đŸ€”.

CTSoFL

Na if you don’t get what my question was I’m good.
I fully "get" your post.

I'm not certain you understood what your "question" was "getting" at.

đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž

Por examplo...

In the very defined confines Waymo platforms operate, it appears they currently have an overall edge over Tesla FSD, but their rate of imprivement is decreasing while Tesla's is increasing.

If you add areas outside Waymo's very defined confines, its Tesla by a country mile because Waymo's are paper weights as they can't operate at all (as I understand it..could be wrong).

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I think you failed reading comprehension which may explain some of the previous firings. First paragraph from my source.

Honda began developing humanoid robots in the 1980s, including several prototypes that preceded ASIMO. It was the company's goal to create a walking robot. E0 was the first bipedal (two-legged) model produced as part of the Honda E series, which was an early experimental line of the self-regulating, humanoid walking robot with wireless movements created between 1986 and 1993.
Asimo is in no way similar in ability to the advanced dexterity and range of motion we saw in Optimus. Not even close.

SeattleBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast 2024
In the very defined confines Waymo platforms operate, it appears they currently have an overall edge over Tesla FSD, but their rate of imprivement is decreasing while Tesla's is increasing.
I'm a little confused. Can you clarify what you mean by the rate of improvement? Are these numbers published somewhere?

YDR37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
To sum up the current situation:

Waymo's tech works reliably, but not everywhere.

Tesla's tech works everywhere, but not reliably.

"Reliably" means: the company that markets the tech assumes the liability for any driving errors and their consequences. So you can sit in the back seat while the vehicle is traveling.

Obviously the end goal is tech that works reliably everywhere, but no one can deliver that at this time. It's up in the air as to whether Waymo or Tesla or somebody else gets there first. Maybe no one ever gets there.

OP
OP
Jack27

Jack27

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/model3
I fully "get" your post.

I'm not certain you understood what your "question" was "getting" at.

đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž

Por examplo...

If you add areas outside Waymo's very defined confines, its Tesla by a country mile because Waymo's are paper weights as they can't operate at all (as I understand it..could be wrong).
It’s simple for me when I need to correct my truck from smashing into a car or a person while in the driver seat then see a car drive by me with no one inside it AT ALL doing fine I have to say maybe they got somthing more advanced? I have 2 teslas I want to be the best trust me Im just saying what im seeikt
, specially when my wife is in the passenger seat saying “what are those doing you said we spent 100+k because of the tech and I have to say “o just collecting data so we can do what we are going better” 😆

OP
OP
Jack27

Jack27

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/model3
To sum up the current situation:

Waymo's tech works reliably, but not everywhere.

Tesla's tech works everywhere, but not reliably.

"Reliably" means: the company that markets the tech assumes the liability for any driving errors and their consequences. So you can sit in the back seat while the vehicle is traveling.

Obviously the end goal is tech that works reliably everywhere, but no one can deliver that at this time. It's up in the air as to whether Waymo or Tesla or somebody else gets there first. Maybe no one ever gets there.
So would you say if you live in a major city WAYMO is way better and advanced because they have focused on these city’s more then Tesla and if you lived in a more “rural town” Tesla would be bette because they have spent more time or have more data because for tesla
Car data sharing it’s better for those areas ?

YDR37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
So would you say if you live in a major city WAYMO is way better and advanced because they have focused on these city’s more then Tesla and if you lived in a more “rural town” Tesla would be bette because they have spent more time or have more data because for tesla
Car data sharing it’s better for those areas ?
Waymo isn't "better" in all major cities -- it's only available in San Francisco, some parts of the Los Angeles area, and some parts of the Phoenix area. Austin is supposed to come next.

If you were at the USC game, you just happened to be in one of those few Waymo service areas. USC is at the very edge, see their map here: https://waymo.com/waymo-one-los-angeles/

Within those few service areas, Waymo's tech can transport you more reliably than Tesla's tech -- you can sit in the back seat. But outside of those few areas -- including just a few blocks south of USC -- Waymo's tech is useless. It literally can't go there.

In contrast, Tesla's FSD can literally take you anywhere. Just don't sit in the back seat.