• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Why is WAYMO so much better than FSD ?

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
Then find us the line that shows people puppeting ASIMO remotely.

Progress is progress. I don't know why it bothers you that you have to make it not all or nothing.

-Crissa
See above.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
See above.
So you don't understand how 'citations' work?

You need not just to link to a document talking about how Asimo existed (and exists, and is much, much more limited than Teslabot, and was never to my knowledge used to telepresence beyond carrying around ipad)...

Which line in the document?

Why do you continue to say that since some Human assistance existed, no AI or progress happened?

-Crissa

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
So you don't understand how 'citations' work?

You need not just to link to a document talking about how Asimo existed (and exists, and is much, much more limited than Teslabot, and was never to my knowledge used to telepresence beyond carrying around ipad)...

Which line in the document?

Why do you continue to say that since some Human assistance existed, no AI or progress happened?

-Crissa
Here it is again since you've missed it twice now.

"Honda began developing humanoid robots in the 1980s, including several prototypes that preceded ASIMO. It was the company's goal to create a walking robot. E0 was the first bipedal (two-legged) model produced as part of the Honda E series, which was an early experimental line of the self-regulating, humanoid walking robot with wireless movements created between 1986 and 1993."

1986 was how many years ago?

Asimo is far beyond the capability of Teslas Bot. You can google all the cool things Asimo has done. Yamaha about 6 or 8 years ago used theirs to race a motorcycle against Valentino Rossi without a remote controlled user.

The advancements have been tremendous. To say Teslabot is anywhere near any of these in capability is asinine. I wouldnt even mention it in the same sentence as Boston dynamics.

SeattleBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast 2024
Waymo has hundreds of Level 4 autonomous vehicles already on the road. Tesla has 0. Tesla hasn't even applied for the permits to begin the process to put autonomous vehicles on the road. Tesla is years behind.

OP
OP
Jack27

Jack27

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/model3
Waymo has hundreds of Level 4 autonomous vehicles already on the road. Tesla has 0. Tesla hasn't even applied for the permits to begin the process to put autonomous vehicles on the road. Tesla is years behind.
Ok so I started the tread so I am def not versed here trying to learn. If that is true then how do you debunk the 4th response in this thread by “hallingass” ? Because he sounded pretty legit that made a very good argument why Tesla is better

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here it is again since you've missed it twice now.

"Honda began developing humanoid robots in the 1980s, including several prototypes that preceded ASIMO. It was the company's goal to create a walking robot. E0 was the first bipedal (two-legged) model produced as part of the Honda E series, which was an early experimental line of the self-regulating, humanoid walking robot with wireless movements created between 1986 and 1993."

1986 was how many years ago?

Asimo is far beyond the capability of Teslas Bot. You can google all the cool things Asimo has done. Yamaha about 6 or 8 years ago used theirs to race a motorcycle against Valentino Rossi without a remote controlled user.

The advancements have been tremendous. To say Teslabot is anywhere near any of these in capability is asinine. I wouldnt even mention it in the same sentence as Boston dynamics.
Noted: Nowhere in the sentence did they say they were successful, nowhere did you show it being puppeted.

Ok so I started the tread so I am def not versed here trying to learn. If that is true then how do you debunk the 4th response in this thread by “hallingass” ? Because he sounded pretty legit that made a very good argument why Tesla is better
Well, one can be ahead in the scoreboard but behind in the overall strategy. Waymo is having trouble scaling. Eventually they'll solve it. Tesla is having trouble getting their models to behave. Eventually they may solve it, and have more data to do so.

Different approaches to the same problem.

-Crissa

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
Noted: Nowhere in the sentence did they say they were successful, nowhere did you show it being puppeted.

-Crissa
I guess I'll have to read the entire article to you at bed time since you can't focus long enough to even peruse it. In the meantime, see these videos. They aren't tiktoks so they will require a bit of attention span.

Asimo walking and talking unassisted in 2016.

Yamaha's bot racing against Valentino Rossi.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess I'll have to read the entire article to you at bed time since you can't focus long enough to even peruse it. In the meantime, see these videos. They aren't tiktoks so they will require a bit of attention span.

Asimo walking and talking unassisted in 2016.

Yamaha's bot racing against Valentino Rossi.

What's this? More articles that don't prove your point?

-Crissa

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
Why do you keep insisting this proves there was no AI or robotics progress involved?

-Crissa
Maybe I see the disconnect. There are robotics. You initially tried to argue that it hasn't been decades that humanoid bots have been in development in some form or fashion. This is 1986.

EvilNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
... the real I guess “confusion” for me is why am I seeing Waymo cars in numbers all around the campus and area self driving alone with Zero issues in large crowds? My truck would have crashed 3 times and these things seem all good with no one inside them?
Waymo uses a significantly more advanced tech stach than Tesla's vision only. They also geo fence and only operate in an area where they have good maps and know what the roads are.

It shocks me that people still to this day believe that Tesla will ever actually achieve full level 5 autonomy with vision only. It cannot happen...ever. People need to wake up to the scam that is FSD's robotaxi promises.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe I see the disconnect. There are robotics. You initially tried to argue that it hasn't been decades that humanoid bots have been in development in some form or fashion. This is 1986.
Nowhere did I say that. They have been in development.

A puppet on an arm isn't a humanoid robot.

ASIMO wasn't remote operated. You couldn't just have ASIMO mimic what a Human was doing.

This isn't a thing that 'has been around for decades' it's something that's been not-quite-working for decades.

-Crissa

...And now you're just replying to reply.

SeattleBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast 2024
Haulingass didn't bother to provide any sources for their arguments, so they appear to be sharing an opinion instead of facts. So the post doesn't merit me taking the time to debunk it. But I will add this:
People might like personally like FSD better, and that's fine. But AFAIK, by any available objective measurement, Waymo is years ahead of Tesla. Happy to change my opinion if people can provide facts proving otherwise.