• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Watch: Robotaxi Cybercab Event - Live Stream Feed Starts Tonight @ 7PM PT (Post your Reactions)

aaronsurfs

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
2026 Elon time means 2028 right?
Minimum lol. The van will never make it to production. It’s cool, but like.. super super niche market.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Minimum lol. The van will never make it to production. It’s cool, but like.. super super niche market.
My guy, that van is going to see billions of miles in the tunnel systems real soon lol!

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
I feel like 100% of the details have already been discussed by Elon many times over? Maybe this wasn't for people who regularly follow his news. I didnt really see anything new announced, other than his time estimates, but not sure how much value those have...

Also was the Robotaxi a 2 seater? That might be a problem for families, unless the parents feel safe being separated from their kids/spouses for rides.

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Lots of cool stuff here. This is why I love Tesla. The van looks awesome, even if it's just for commercial use. Robotaxi not sure if that is something I would buy but I would use it on a paid trip by trip basis. Obviously this is all far into the future still. Lets see if they actually do unsupervised FSD in 2025. Those were Elon timelines so can't take too serious.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
-I think the Robovan could be the most viable, replacing the need for subways, bus lines, etc in communities.
-The Cybercab is a two seater because it's intended to be the lowest cost of entry for solo travelers and couples. More than two traveling? That car already exists in the Model 3/Y.
-Overall a trippy/sci-fi event, but it demonstrated how far Tesla's tech is ahead of pretty much anyone else, and how they will keep pushing boundaries.

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
On the hardware side - I feel like we saw the compromise Elon had to make when the staff urged him to rethink the approach. The “cyber cab” is basically a 2-door model 3. Nothing futuristic about it. But probably easy (or easier) to manufacture. The van on the other hand is sic. People’s initial reactions to it tells the story. The “cab” should have been a “mini” van. But that’s a new platform, and expensive to make. I would guess the mini was the real cab. But practicality and budget concerns produced what we saw tonight.

On the software side - we all wanted to see a glimpse of v14 or v15. Instead we got v12.5.6 with driver restriction removed. Everything the cabs were doing my MY/CT does today sans driver. No parking lots, or reversing, or special cases. We did get a 2025 date for unsupervised. But we have had dates before so 50/50 on that.

So - for me - a tad underwhelming. But i did love the van design. Knocked it out of the park.

Darthamerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast and Model S P90D
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think unsupervised in 2025 is technically possible, but I think that is more realistic in 2026/2027. Even if they meet that aggressive timeline, I would be surprised if they can jump through all the regulatory hoops that fast.

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
I think unsupervised in 2025 is technically possible, but I think that is more realistic in 2026/2027. Even if they meet that aggressive timeline, I would be surprised if they can jump through all the regulatory hoops that fast.
Let alone the regulatory hoops, covering incidents is more prevalent.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I feel like 100% of the details have already been discussed by Elon many times over? Maybe this wasn't for people who regularly follow his news. I didnt really see anything new announced, other than his time estimates, but not sure how much value those have...

Also was the Robotaxi a 2 seater? That might be a problem for families, unless the parents feel safe being separated from their kids/spouses for rides.
90% of all taxi/uber type calls are for 2 or less people. It just makes more sense to service the largest group at the lowest cost. Robovan in 5 years (lol) can take care of larger groups or larger groups that don't want to be split up. Other option that remains is calling for an MY (3) or an MX for (for 3/4/6) passengers.

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
My boy has since had a family....I'm not even going to ask him about the latest "scene"...it was out of control. He liked that shit "boom..boom...boom..boom" but his friend Rafik? My god....he was the one up 48hrs at a time...I will never understand it. Come to think of it, I will ask him how Rafik is doing now. It's roughly 4:51AM there so I will wait...
try to think of these parties as exercise events.

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
overall I'm satisfied but not surprised, most of this I had been expecting. I like the cab design, the wireless charging is clutch, hopefully they really are under $30k. I can see myself buying one or more for a fleet depending on my circumstance in a few years. the bus is wild and has incredible potential- hyperloops, small towns, business parks. the bot being only ~$30k also would be a great buy for a roboslave, however I wouldn't likely get the first couple generations. used market on these are going to be nutty. I imagine stock will be down to ~$215-230 before long as nothing here has any meaningful timeline. the future looks good.

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Won't be bought by individuals, but by public transport organizations, mobility assistance services, churches, schools etc for activities where 20 people is enough. Some sprawling parking lots have shuttle buses; hotel and airport shuttles are that size or smaller, usually. Whatever the market is for those, it should be at least that, and maybe more not needing the cost of a driver. Any bus service would be more responsive with more smaller vehicles, and affordable without that cost. And if they can caravan with the leader having someone to deal not with driving but with unexpected navigation issues, they could go on longer trips.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Once upon a time, there were horse & wagons that were pulled down neighborhood streets selling fresh fruit/produce. A one person business selling in certain neighborhoods. Portable specialty store. Milk was delivered right to the door every morning by local dairy company. Bread deliveries also.
Robovan is a portable store. Stock it with stuff needed for the locality, send it to the neighborhoods on a rotating schedule, high tech check out. (There are portable unmanned convenience stores operating in Japan right now).

Robovan is just not for transport of people. It's a moving room.