• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tesla Service Truck!

OP
OP
Mule Ferguson

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
The real Service Truck. They replaced the charge port on the 3. The X driver window had an issue.

Cybercab Robotaxi Tesla Service Truck! IMG_8919
Cybercab Robotaxi Tesla Service Truck! IMG_8920

ReddykwRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CT

https://www.tesla.com/support/supercharging#v3

Under F.A.Q.

As a commercial driver or operator, can I utilize the public Supercharger network?

With the introduction of our Supercharger Fair Use Policy, commercial vehicles may not use the public Supercharger network. If you are an interested commercial operator, please reach out to us so we can help recommend charging solutions that meet your business’ needs. Keeping the Supercharger network available for non- commercial users will have a lasting positive impact on the Supercharger network and Tesla customers as a whole.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I thought Tesla frowned on business fleet SuperCharging,
I have often wondered about how they define fleet and how strictly they enforce this policy. I'ts pretty clear that a cab company with 500 vehicles in a city should have its own Super Chargers at its central garage. But what about the guy who works as a site supervisor for a construction company or the electrician who has two trucks? You can't reasonably expect him to install a Super Charger for two vehicles. And even if he did, what would he be expected to do if he had to drive to a distant city to pick up a part he needed for acustomer's urgently needed repair?

ReddykwRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CT
I have often wondered about how they define fleet and how strictly they enforce this policy. I'ts pretty clear that a cab company with 500 vehicles in a city should have its own Super Chargers at its central garage. But what about the guy who works as a site supervisor for a construction company or the electrician who has two trucks? You can't reasonably expect him to install a Super Charger for two vehicles. And even if he did, what would he be expected to do if he had to drive to a distant city to pick up a part he needed for acustomer's urgently needed repair?
Fair question. I remember reading a while back the TESLA SuperCharger Fair Use Policy and it's application to commercial vehicles. I am also curious about what allowances Tesla has planned for road trips for a small business/commercial enterprise. But for the local business, they should be able to charge at their own motor pool overnight and not tie up local resources. I recall from the video the gentleman had a wrap on his company car advertising his business and that could have been a red flag to another Tesla owner who needed a charge and could of "dropped a dime" (dating myself) on the business and supplied the VIN number of the car and had repercussions for the small businessman he might not have considered. I am aware that Rich Rebuilds discovered that painful lesson the hard way, as soon as Tesla became informed, (he was on the phone with Tesla) he had a "rebuilt" Tesla actively charging they shut him off mid-charge (forever) ouch.

I recall a few years ago a car-sharing service in San Diego, CA was shamed for brazenly parking their fleet of "Not So" Smart EV's at a public park where there were several J1772 chargers all in a row and every single one was blocked daily with the car share cars. Cars small enough that several strong backs could easily of "cow tipped" them which would have sent a clear message to the company.

From Tesla:
"With the introduction of our Supercharger Fair Use Policy, commercial vehicles may not use the public Supercharger network. If you are an interested commercial operator, please reach out to us so we can help recommend charging solutions that meet your business’ needs. Keeping the Supercharger network available for non- commercial users will have a lasting positive impact on the Supercharger network and Tesla customers as a whole."