• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Shareholders, would you vote to reinstate Elon's pay package

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Ha-ha! Leo is a big crybaby who didn't even own TSLA when Elon's pay package was originally voted on. He's a dreamer who doesn't understand how the real world works and has missed out on most of the gains in TSLA stock. He's just butt-hurt that Elon won't give him the time of day. Because Elon doesn't respect money, he respects people who can do things.

Even if you think he's the best investor ever (he's not), he owns less than 1% of TSLA shares, almost insignificant considering the original vote passed by a huge majority.

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 & 2017 S. CT ordered 30 may
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No. Spend more time on CT line. Put on 24/7 shifts. Supervision is key.
U have millions of orders. More production equals more profit.
Stay out of politics, period. Full stop.

cbertgo

First Name
Colbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast-tri-motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't think shareholder votes in favor of Elon will be able to overturn a court order. Moving HQ to another jurisdiction because you don't like the court's decision will probably not work either.

With stock down about $100 year to date and the CEO asking for an unprecedented $55B payout, i have a hard time believing any investor could give that a yes vote. Especially institutional investors.

No one is worth that much money and elon already owns a substantial stake in the company.
Wrong , you are! The current future value of Tesla is attributed to Elon’s management style and focus. It may not make a difference to some but I’m voting all 3,000 of my shares in favor of the comp plan that we voted to provide to him years ago. We have made it across a wide moat but the future is even brighter because of the Elon team. Justice is due!

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wrong , you are! The current future value of Tesla is attributed to Elon’s management style and focus. It may not make a difference to some but I’m voting all 3,000 of my shares in favor of the comp plan that we voted to provide to him years ago. We have made it across a wide moat but the future is even brighter because of the Elon team. Justice is due!
Lets see what he says tomorrow. If model 2 is scrapped and he bets the farm on fsd, time horizon will be pushed way back on recovery and stock will sink. Sounds like you're in the green still with your shares. Time is money so I don't like parking money in losing stocks, too many opportunities in the market for that. Will re-enter a position once conditions are favorable

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Time is money so I don't like parking money in losing stocks, too many opportunities in the market for that. Will re-enter a position once conditions are favorable
Plan on paying more than current prices if you want to wait until things look more favorable. My most profitable buys (of pretty much stock in any company) have been made in the midst of fake doom and gloom.

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Plan on paying more than current prices if you want to wait until things look more favorable. My most profitable buys (of pretty much stock in any company) have been made in the midst of fake doom and gloom.
Although we have reached lower prices on this dip, its definitely not the time to buy because we don't know how far it will fall. I plan on buying on the b leg of the V so long as the news and technicals/fundamentals check out.

We're on the support that can give way to the $100 price or beyond.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You have a lot to learn about corporate governance. The Board of Directors is as independent as the shareholders make it. Remember, the people who own the company vote on who to staff the BoD with. But don't worry, apparently some law students turned into judges don't understand corporate governance either, or how innovation and good vision drive productivity and thus our standard of living. Elon is doing a good thing bringing these travesties to light in an attempt to slow down our descent into becoming a third world country.
No. This is not how this works.

The board isn't independent. It's supposed to be. But it can't be, because of the way they hire people. Honestly, you shouldn't be allowed on more than one board. They should have to actually stretch to find people to put on boards.

It's not the 'shareholders' who made the board. It's themselves. Because they owned the most. Because they assigned most of the ownership to themselves. Which is why Elon was on the board.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Although we have reached lower prices on this dip, its definitely not the time to buy because we don't know how far it will fall. I plan on buying on the b leg of the V so long as the news and technicals/fundamentals check out.

We're on the support that can give way to the $100 price or beyond.
I've been an active long-term investor for decades. When I want to take a serious position, I want the best price. But there is no way to know what that is. I hate it when I buy and it keeps going down (even if I end up wildly positive later).

What I do when I determine the price is a no-brainer, like right now, is watch the price action like a hawk. I will buy on any strength because I don't want to pay a lot more. Even if I'm wrong, and it keeps going down, I know I still got a good price. When dealing with a great company like Tesla, it has never failed me. That's why I'm a long-term investor and not a trader. My worst mistakes were NOT buying when I knew the long-term prospects were great and the price didn't reflect that.

I would be shocked if TSLA traded below $100. And I don't get shocked very often. Time will tell, bookmark this post and tell me how I did.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No. This is not how this works.

The board isn't independent. It's supposed to be. But it can't be, because of the way they hire people. Honestly, you shouldn't be allowed on more than one board. They should have to actually stretch to find people to put on boards.

It's not the 'shareholders' who made the board. It's themselves. Because they owned the most. Because they assigned most of the ownership to themselves. Which is why Elon was on the board.

-Crissa
Incorrect. You cannot become a member of the Board of Directors without the shareholders electing you to that position. It really is in the hands of the majority of the shareholders. That is why this ruling is corrupt. We elected the Board members (including Elon's brother) AND we approved the compensation package.

Capitalism is great until activist judges start inserting themselves in places they have no business being. And that is exactly what happened here.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Incorrect. You cannot become a member of the Board of Directors without the shareholders electing you to that position. It...
Dude, you're just lying here. Lying by omission.

The 'shareholders' were the original money guys who selected the board - and then that board selects who any retail shareholders vote for later.

So no, you don't just 'get voted on by shareholders' and get on the board.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dude, you're just lying here. Lying by omission.

The 'shareholders' were the original money guys who selected the board - and then that board selects who any retail shareholders vote for later.

So no, you don't just 'get voted on by shareholders' and get on the board.

-Crissa
Wow! I would appreciate it if you would learn and understand what you are talking about before throwing around accusations of lying. Just wow!

Every year Tesla holds an annual shareholder meeting and one of the purposes of that meeting is for the shareholders to elect directors who serve three years terms. The director's terms are staggered, so we vote every year, but only for those director positions that expire in that year.

It's a direct vote, one vote for every TSLA share held.

Anyone can run for a board position and get on the official ballot, including myself, once you are nominated by another shareholder. Or, you can be a write-in candidate at the last minute. The most votes wins. Only shareholders can vote.

I'm sure you will not admit your mistake, you will say, yeah, but the BoD gets to suggest which candidates they recommend you vote for. So what?

You can learn more about Tesla's BoD here:
A deep dive into Tesla's Board of Directors (substack.com)

There is a lot of "fake" news about Tesla's Board of Directors, people trying to stir up resentment and dissatisfaction with the BoD in an attempt to weaken and eventually destroy Tesla. Their goal is to remove Musk as the CEO (the CEO is elected by the BoD). Tesla actually has very good corporate governance, all the fake news to the contrary.

You should learn what you are talking about before spouting off.

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Yeah, but you are a long time Elon hater.
Again, I've spent more time defending Elon on various platforms than most people ever will, I'm just not a blind fan boy who supports every thing he does no matter what. I'm more negative on forums such as this because the blind fanboyism needs some balance so as not to become a cheerleading echo chamber. Plus the reality that I and many other people don't agree with a lot of what he's been doing in the past few years and how it affects the company. The growing negative sentiment will affect the company and the stock price which I believe we are seeing in recent years. Some of the downward pressure is certainly due to outside factors but I don't approve of the damage being done by the CEO, I'm weird like that.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is a lot of "fake" news about Tesla's Board of Directors, people trying to stir up resentment and dissatisfaction with the BoD in an attempt to weaken and eventually destroy Tesla. Their goal is to remove Musk as the CEO (the CEO is elected by the BoD). Tesla actually has very good corporate governance, all the fake news to the contrary.
When a company like Tesla is a massive disrupter, all manner of vested interests pull every dirty trick available in order to protect their billion dollar cash cows. In Tesla's case it's the fossil fuel conglomerates, legacy automobile, large unions, government actors (on both sides of the aisle) and the courts they influence, MSM and the dealership networks (among others). Unfortunately the majority seems to fall for the misinformation spewed. It's always the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.