• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Ride-hailing app already being tested internally among Tesla employees

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Per the Q3 2024 earnings call:

Tesla is already operating a FSD ride-hailing network for employees in the Bay Area. The cars being hailed currently have a safety driver in the car. It's been testing for the better part of a year.

Elon Musk expects to roll out ride-hailing service to public in Texas and California next year (probably Texas first)

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I am so psyched for this service. I spent an extended amount of time in physical rehab. During my time, I interacted with disabled people who couldn't drive but could get in and out of normal cars without special equipment. They use subsidized transport to and from the rehab facility (which more often than not was late arriving or picking up and needed like a 24 notice for a ride), or had to depend on expensive taxi/uber/lyft with sometimes weird/rude drivers. If Cybercab + app is prompt, on-demand flexible, safer, cleaner and easy to use, the quality of life of these individuals will sky rocket. I was explaining this just after 10/10 event to a person who had a stroke and is in recovery and they were awed by my description of what the near future could offer.

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
If this news would have been shared at the 10/10 event with the cars, it would have made a very large impact...Maybe they had to pull it because of the medical emergencies that happened and caused them to abbreviate the program...