• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

ProtectaClear Cybertruck Application Video w/ Before & After Results

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Yea would be interested to see what it looks like if we DO use a power washer, does it just fade faster, does it crack, peel, etc?
If I have to apply it once a year so I can blast it through a car wash thats ok
You know, we have all of our test panels that are cured now. I will test a pressure washer this week and report back.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
You know, we have all of our test panels that are cured now. I will test a pressure washer this week and report back.
Thanks a bunch, maybe only pressure was half of one of the test sheets so we can see what it looks like on each half for a better idea.
Thanks!

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
My main concern with this method is, when I rinse the BKF off of the panels it will run down onto the black plastic fenders, bumpers, rockers, etc. How would I prevent that from happening? I'm guessing (and someone has already done this) that BKF runoff will discolor the black plastic.
I don’t know about the CT plastic, but the DeLorean has black plastic rocker panels, painted fascia’s, etc. and no owner has complained about BKF discoloration.

As mentioned, I do one panel at a time and rinse it well. Don’t be afraid to use plenty of water. For extra precaution I would wash adjacent plastic as soon as you rinse the panel.
Follow this procedure for all panels, then wash the entire vehicle as you normally would.

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
You cannot, they outlawed it, just like Xylene. But you can alternatively use industrial grade acetone, which you can purchase at any hardware store.
Drive to nearest sane state (NV in my case) buy 10 cans for $20 each. Return home, sell them to neighbors for $30 each and keep a few free cans that will last years. I was able to fix my concrete patio this way, which was sealed with oil-based sealer. Instead of paying a contractor $thousands to get the old sealer off and switch to inferior water-based products, I ordered the good stuff online and use Xylene from Nevada. BTW, learned this from my contractor friend in CA who does this for all his clients... shows how well those CA laws are working lol

Last edited:

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
We do not recommend pressure washing the surface after coating.
WHAT!? This is a dealbreaker for me, if you mean never pressure wash... or did you mean don't right after applying, like wait 24 hours? These general guidelines are frustrating, since one mans 1200psi electric is probably fine since it won't even break skin, but another man's 4000psi rocket powered machine is another story. So what are the actual limits? I have thousands of hours of pressure washing experience and can't imagine a coating like this coming off with it. If this is true, guess I'm sticking with BKF only and keeping it naked....

cbertgo

First Name
Colbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast-tri-motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very cool. Thank you for the video. I will likely go this route vs. getting a wrap. Hopefully someone in this group does their truck and can give us their experience using this product.
Thanks for getting this out to CT lovers. The only thing missing was , how frequently it has to be applied and how to limit the number of reapplications? Will the build up from several applications have any negative affect?

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The concern with car washes is that they all use different hardware and chemicals. So our advice is always on the conservative side.

Our previous customers who use ProtectaClear on their vehicles typically have customs or classics that they are meticulous with and don’t run them through a car wash.

We have yet to have someone take their coated CT through a car wash to test the outcome, but I would love to hear the results.
I received my VIN on February 17th and they told me my Cybertruck is at the Dublin, CA service center awaiting inspection & final prep. So I should have it soon. I ordered the ProtectaClear on Saturday. My plan is to put on the protectaClear and then get the side window slightly tinted and a clear tint on the massive front windshield for heat reduction.

Once it is dirty, I plan to take it to QUICK QUACK. I don't know what to look for on the car to see if the ProtectaClear is impacted by the carwash, but I will look for an issues I see.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
WHAT!? This is a dealbreaker for me, if you mean never pressure wash... or did you mean don't right after applying, like wait 24 hours? These general guidelines are frustrating, since one mans 1200psi electric is probably fine since it won't even break skin, but another man's 4000psi rocket powered machine is another story. So what are the actual limits? I have thousands of hours of pressure washing experience and can't imagine a coating like this coming off with it. If this is true, guess I'm sticking with BKF only and keeping it naked....
I hear you, I power wash my atvs and my jeep constantly and I was assuming I’d be power washing my Cybertruck. But, I’m willing to figure it out for a $300 protection layer vs a $6k wrap. I ordered the protectaclear kit. Here’s my guess I’m gonna wash the truck with Protectaclear on it. I’m going to use power washers lowest pressure tip from 5-10 feet away to rise it and get it wet. Then I’m going to use a soft sponge/cloth to rub the truck down with mild neutral soap. Then again use the lowest pressure tip to rise it off.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag