• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Im thinking of buying a hundred shares and letting it sit.
TSLA IMO is a long hold.. I had a mate who got out recently... he was fed up stressing over daily news... sometimes little voices get the better of you.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Agree that TSLA is a long hold.

The Cybertruck does not appear to be big mover one way or the other but there are lots of other wild cards out there, both potentially bad and potentially good. For example, Tesla's next model, China, bitcoin (TSLA still holds quite a few), the FED and even what our politicians do with EV tax credits and other incentives will have much more impact on the stock price.

Last edited:

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I consider the stock not diving on the Cybertruck launch to be a sign that we are finally over the worst of the Short Seller nonsense and the era of FUD by default.
Usually after a big event like this the negative response is very loud on the analyst side and the stock sails off the cliff, but so far that has been kept to a minimum and it's relatively stable.

I think part of that is people have gotten wise to the negativity scam, but an even bigger part is with the Cybertruck launch out of the way, all eyes are now on the next big move for the company, namely the "Cheap Tesla"/"25,000 Tesla"/"Model 2".
That is the product that every one with their eyes open knows has huge capacity to move the stock price.
From the Sandy Munro interview it seems even Elon has a had a chat with the lawyers and the rest of the board, something along the lines of:
"Don't go mouthing off about this one it's too important to the company."

Lots of analysts and fund managers have an attitude of "Yeh, yeh Elon, Robots and steel trucks whatever".
But the idea of an affordable Tesla, the most desirable car brand in the world, at the most desirable price in its bracket, makes those same money men salivate.

I am not an analyst but I predict that now that a lot of the "newness" and wacky volatility of TSLA has settled down, there will be a much closer correlation between the news of Tesla progressing on this next gen car, and the stock going up or down.

From now on I think the equation is this:

Good news for the cheap tesla (or the perception of it) = TSLA up
Bad news for the cheap Tesla (or the perception it) = TSLA down

The ball is in Teslas court in regards to how quickly they get there.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I have been holding tesla stock since 2016 any have been mostly long (except the short period in 2020 when it blew up).

I have had 1000 shares of tesla for some time and held through the ups and downs (down to 108), but recently I have been following a technical analyst for several months and he is bang on.

He predicts that Tesla is now in a down trend until around 215 as it recently broke a key support at 237 so I sold half of my shares this morning.

I am a long term tesla investor so I will buy back in at some point, however I don't see a catalyst in the next few months and the CT has been a big disappointment for both reservation holders and tesla stock owners as it will only be a niche product if they don't lower the price. And that may take several years.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Buy and hold. Hold while GM, Ford, Stellantis, VW etc....fail, which by the looks of them won't be all that long.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Buy and hold. It's volatile and like everything else will be affected by the macro environment. That said, there are many long term possibilities, any of which could cause a large upward move. FSD, Optimus, next gen lower priced model, various licensing agreements, etc.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I can't apply technicals to a fast-growing company.. Too many variables. A simple market announcement could break out of anything, one way or another.
Covid, inflation, recession, war aside :
If the thing grows 50%, why fark around trying to pick up 5%. Never drop what's in the hand!!!!
A little drop can be multiplied by 10 if you compound it.

For a 50-year stock, sure… 2% yearly growth… The perennial dividend... is stable.

But for TSLA, it is witchcraft.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I can't apply technicals to a fast-growing company.. Too many variables. A simple market announcement could break out of anything, one way or another.
Covid, inflation, recession, war aside :
If the thing grows 50%, why fark around trying to pick up 5%. Never drop what's in the hand!!!!
A little drop can be multiplied by 10 if you compound it.

For a 50-year stock, sure… 2% yearly growth… The perennial dividend... is stable.

But for TSLA, it is witchcraft.
I think you are confusing value investing with technical investing.

Tesla is a favourite for technical investors because of the rapid movements up and down in the stock. Many of the investors are also using options which multiply the wins and losses.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think you are confusing value investing with technical investing.

Tesla is a favourite for technical investors because of the rapid movements up and down in the stock. Many of the investors are also using options which multiply the wins and losses.
Yes, that is true.

My thoughts were directed at long-term holders with future dreams, flirting with the stock.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Yes, that is true.

My thoughts were directed at long-term holders with future dreams, flirting with the stock.
I have been a relative long term investor in the stock holding it since 2016.

But frankly, I was counting on the CT to be a catalyst. With the significant increase in price and reduction in performance (mileage), IMO the CT will be a niche product for several years until they lower the price. In the fourth quarter, they may barely meet the 1.8 mil sales target but the margins are goining to be the same as the 3rd quarter or less. The first quarter is always rough for tesla and high interest rates and the loss of the fed rebate on the M3 won't help.

So until an announcement is made about M2 or FSD, I really don't see a catalyst and I don't see this happening until at least the 2nd quarter. In the second quarter the fed may lower interest rates which may help, but x is in trouble and even though he says he won't, Elon may start selling stock again and we all know what happens then.

I sold 1/2 my position today.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
So, here is my question.

It appears that SpaceX is now cash positive. It also appears that Elon MAY be gettin ready to take SpaceX public. Where do you invest if that is the case, SpaceX or Tesla? If you hold both, is that diversifying, but only within the Musk-u-verse? Do you weight 60/40, 70/30, 80/20? Which way?

sirozha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
If the Board kicks out Musk, TSLA will likely skyrocket IMO. Otherwise, I think it may be a slow decrease of the market cap, as on its merits, the stock is grossly overvalued. If Musk continues to say stupid sh*% on or off X, the decrease in the stock value will be more rapid. I've made a few dozen grand on TSLA call options a couple years ago that I lost (and then some) on Lucid and Fisker call options. Generally, I've stayed away from TSLA after Musk's "funding secured" and "pedo guy" statements. Musk is a genius, but he is crazy. He actually kind of admitted that he has a mental illness in his recent interview, which explains his erratic behavior. TSLA is much closer tied to Musk as a person than to Tesla as a company; hence, the erratic nature of this stock.

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
If the Board kicks out Musk, TSLA will likely skyrocket IMO. Otherwise, I think it may be a slow decrease of the market cap, as on its merits, the stock is grossly overvalued. If Musk continues to say stupid sh*% on or off X, the decrease in the stock value will be more rapid. I've made a few dozen grand on TSLA call options a couple years ago that I lost (and then some) on Lucid and Fisker call options. Generally, I've stayed away from TSLA after Musk's "funding secured" and "pedo guy" statements. Musk is a genius, but he is crazy. He actually kind of admitted that he has a mental illness in his recent interview.
Much better to have GM stock. They do buy backs vs taking profit to invest in future tech like stupid robots, energy storage, self driving cars, battery's. That 70 PE is way to high for a car company.