• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Will you sell TSLA shares to pay for your CT?

Who is cashing in shares to buy their CT

• Total voters

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I am just curious to see how many people are going to be cashing in TSLA shares to pay for their CT?

Personally, as long the price is over $1000 I will sell shares for a 50% down payment. I am a mid-comer so I am guessing I will get mine late 2024.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My portfolio is 90% TSLA, and I keep adding to it, even if in small amounts. I hardly care what the price is. Just a few days go, I bought 3 shares.

When the time comes to buy the CT, I intend to deposit the least possible amount, and take the loan over the longest term possible.

Sell the shares monthly to make the repayments.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
My portfolio is 90% TSLA, and I keep adding to it, even if in small amounts. I hardly care what the price is. Just a few days go, I bought 3 shares.

When the time comes to buy the CT, I intend to deposit the least possible amount, and take the loan over the longest term possible.

I hadn't really considered that. I typically buy chunks of stock on downward swings and rarely sell. I hate owning money so I will probably sell enough to cover half the cost. I will probably try to time a mini peak up to a couple months before I need it. Hopefully we will be above $1500 USD.

Part of the pole was to judge if people are planning to use stock to pay for the CT. This might put downward pressure on the stock.

This is probably for an investor thread, but with the potential split (apparently so Tesla can pay dividends in stock). is it possible that Tesla could accept stock for product at a retail level?

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

Brilliant idea! Given Tesla shares trajectory it’s would be one expensive CT. I also intend to take a loan and just pay for the payment as they come.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I'm not selling Tesla shares as it's now under water.

However, I earned enough profit from the previous holdings to be able to dare them that I'lll pay cash if their interest rates is not to my liking. It's always good to finance the purchase as the money on a cash payment will earn more than the interest paid if it's invested in the stock market.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hadn't really considered that. I typically buy chunks of stock on downward swings and rarely sell. I hate owning money so I will probably sell enough to cover half the cost. I will probably try to time a mini peak up to a couple months before I need it. Hopefully we will be above $1500 USD.

Part of the pole was to judge if people are planning to use stock to pay for the CT. This might put downward pressure on the stock.

This is probably for an investor thread, but with the potential split (apparently so Tesla can pay dividends in stock). is it possible that Tesla could accept stock for product at a retail level?
not including the possibility of a stock split in the fall which allow for more shares at an affordable price......then it goes up before you need it for the CT

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am just curious to see how many people are going to be cashing in TSLA shares to pay for their CT?

Personally, as long the price is over $1000 I will sell shares for a 50% down payment. I am a mid-comer so I am guessing I will get mine late 2024.
Depends on what the share price looks like. My shares are in an IRA so selling has weird tax consequences. My plan is to use an SEPP plan to start tapping those funds.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
not including the possibility of a stock split in the fall which allow for more shares at an affordable price......then it goes up before you need it for the CT
I never understood stock splits. Who cares if a stock is expensive, just buy a fraction of a share.......unless you can't, come to think of it I have never tried to buy less than a full share. I do own fractional shares due to reinvested dividends, but??

I rarely purchase shares of Berkshire Hathoway. Maybe I should try to buy .01 shares???

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I never understood stock splits. Who cares if a stock is expensive, just buy a fraction of a share.......unless you can't, come to think of it I have never tried to buy less than a full share. I do own fractional shares due to reinvested dividends, but??

I rarely purchase shares of Berkshire Hathoway. Maybe I should try to buy .01 shares???
Because you can't have fractional options or fractional votes. The shares are already a fraction.

A fractional share is a fictitious share of some broker's shares.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Little known secret, invest in pink sheet stocks, they are pink because they are hot and surprisingly inexpensive. ? (don’t listen to me)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

BRK has 2 classes of shares. BRK.A shares are hundreds of thousands of dollars. BRK.B shares are about $320. You don’t need to buy a fractional BRK.A, just BRK.B.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If your investment strategy outperforms loan interest, consider if a loan is right for you.
I don’t plan on putting down a whole lot as down payment. Most of my money is tied up in TSLA. However I have my other trading account I can do options wheel which generates conservative income as long as stock market isn’t too crazy. It might not always cover my entire payment but a few hundred a month should make the monthly payment/interest not too much of an issue.

plus I plan on buying 2 CT and sell one with a bit of profit to help cover the down payment.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
I believe TSLA is still in the beginning stages of its exponential uptrend. If that is true, then holding shares for 5-10 years could be very profitable. If there's anything I've learned over the last four years as a TSLA investor, it's better to hold long term than to try and time your trades. And NEVER sell when the stock is down.

SO, I'm hoping to sell as few shares as possible, and hold the rest as long as possible.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It all depends on shares increasing in price.

I reckon the share price will at least double from 2023 to 2028 , i.e. the period for a 5-year loan for the CT.

So hypothetically , if you were to leave 100,000 in shares, it would make you 100,000.

Now calculate the interest of 100,000 over 5 years. 4% ? *5 =$20,000 ?

Of course, monthly payments will reduce your investment, but you are still ahead. In the event your investments triples... your CT is free, and you will have leftover for a model Y.

Keep in mind, Kathy Wood and others predict $3000 - $5000 by 2025.

BTW, I bought in 2018...pre-split at $300. Kathy Wood predicted it would go to $4000 by 2025.(pre-split)... And people said she was crazy. It got there in 2021.