• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Finger Print less door handles (glow in the dark)

Cybertruck Dude

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
OperatingEngineer
Country flag
Oh good idea. Why didn’t I think of that. Or my butt since it’s shorts weather now (sweaty knees).
I know me, somehow I would wind up getting my finger caught in there and that would not be a good thing! The butt is also a good idea!?

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Are these 3d printed? If so, what kind of filament? Just want to make sure it won't melt in the hot California heat and leave glow in the dark goop in between doors.
Who ya gonna call?
'GOOP_BUSTERS' !?!?!?

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
How do these attach? I’ve tried a similar approach with Amazon purchased handles. The included double sided tape couldn’t come close to supporting the weight of the door. I then tried 3m tape and it also couldn’t handle the weight of the door.

OP
OP
LuckysFabShop

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag
How do these attach? I’ve tried a similar approach with Amazon purchased handles. The included double sided tape couldn’t come close to supporting the weight of the door. I then tried 3m tape and it also couldn’t handle the weight of the door.
We use 3M VHB and we use a adhesion promoter that makes it stick.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
YES, PLA.
I think you need to really test this in the sun. I made some PLA parts and left them in my trunk of my Model 3 for a few days and the heat caused them to deform a lot. I've noticed my CT panels get super hot when sitting in the sun. You may have to consider a more heat resistant filament. I was gonna buy some but I'm hesitant now....

OP
OP
LuckysFabShop

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag
I think you need to really test this in the sun. I made some PLA parts and left them in my trunk of my Model 3 for a few days and the heat caused them to deform a lot. I've noticed my CT panels get super hot when sitting in the sun. You may have to consider a more heat resistant filament. I was gonna buy some but I'm hesitant now....
No issues with units tested in high heat areas like Nevada. These are not in direct sun

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I assume just ambient light. I ordered a set ??‍♂
The OP answered my question!

If its in a dark garage no. No interior lights that would change it. If your out driving around and their is light from other cars or city lights it will get some as the gap is big enough to let light in.
-Crissa

OP
OP
LuckysFabShop

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag
Thank you all for your orders! When you receive them leave them in a semi warm place like your garage without AC. Somewhere that's above 60*. Included is prep pads to get any grease or contaminates off your door. If your truck is very dusty or dirty clean the inside door with soap and water first them use the prep pads before install. Once you are ready to install make sure your hands are clean. Free of any lotion, oils ect. Before you peel off the VHP use your finger tips and press the VHP all over to the handles. Press straight down, do not press and slide. When your ready again before you peel off the VHP set the, in place so you know where you will be installing once you peel off the protective film. Each handle has a label for each door. FD( front drivers) FP( front passenger) RP( rear passenger) RD (rear drivers) The rear doors have a weather seal that is not the same from side to side. The rear handles are contoured to fit snug on the weather seal. Here are some pics.

Cybercab Robotaxi Finger Print less door handles (glow in the dark) IMG_20240708_104734117_HDR

Cybercab Robotaxi Finger Print less door handles (glow in the dark) IMG_20240708_104821978 (1)

Cybercab Robotaxi Finger Print less door handles (glow in the dark) IMG_20240708_104801489_HDR (1)

Cybercab Robotaxi Finger Print less door handles (glow in the dark) IMG_20240708_104827659_HDR (1)

Cybercab Robotaxi Finger Print less door handles (glow in the dark) IMG_20240708_104739962_HDR (1)