• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tesla dropped to No. 3 in Cali

EvilNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
...The proof is always in the pudding. Don't look at what Elon says, look at what he does, what he has done, and what he will probably keep on doing. Specifically, being the single most instrumental human in transitioning humanity from dependency on fossil fuels. ...
Two things, it is perfectly reasonable to give him credit for the amazing things he has accomplished and still believe that it is past time for him to step down as CEO. It is perfectly reasonable to say that he has done amazing things with and for TSLA and still believe that he is currently hurting TSLA more than helping. (Referring here to his idiotic push for the robotaxi that will never happen with their current tech stack.)

Second, Tesla is surrounded by FUD and misinformation and lies. Similarly the fearmongering about transitioning off of fossil fuels. Candidly his work on transitioning is meaningless.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X,3
Country flag
I love how common sense is right wing now. lol
Click baity articles are just that. You can cherry pick any peice of data and make it say whatever you want. Zoom out a bit ;). Tesla and Elon are doing just fine, buddddy!

rizvend

First Name
JAKEMBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
California Customer Revenge

Musk must be currying the favor of Californians again by being given priority in Cybertruck delivery.

Lots of lessons here aside from customer revenge.

Elon could have left and moved quietly.

But his narcissism got thr better of him.

Before the fan boiz start shooting this messenger, let me just tell you I am not from California, I am a Tesla long stockholder and a happy Cybertruck owner.

And now, fire away!
Some people assume that the world revolves around CA. It doesn't. ?

samueldion1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck order
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
A google search of top selling cars in California in Q1 2024 brings this up:
  1. Tesla Model Y - 33,467
  2. Toyota RAV4 - 17,873
  3. Toyota Camry - 14,062
  4. Honda Civic - 12,230
  5. Honda CR-V - 12,011
  6. Tesla Model 3 - 11,162
Here is the link:

top selling cars in california in q1 2024 - Search (bing.com)

It looks like the false article this guy posted must just be talking about just sedans. Given that Tesla Model Y is by far the top selling car in CA, clearly Californians still favor Teslas. Besides the Model 3 highland did not start ramping production until later in Q1 if I am correct.

Also the article I posted indicates the following in California: "All-electric car registrations [select models] (Q1'2024):
Also my article says that 2024 Q1 EV sales in CA grew over prior years:

Cybercab Robotaxi Tesla dropped to No. 3 in Cali 1714745304728-i5

Last edited:

samueldion1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck order
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

Musk must be currying the favor of Californians again by being given priority in Cybertruck delivery.

Before the fan boiz start shooting this messenger, let me just tell you I am not from California, I am a Tesla long stockholder and a happy Cybertruck owner.

And now, fire away!
False artricle. See my post above.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
Pure BS.

First of all, cherry-picking one quarter's sales is never a good way to predict the future.

Secondly, there is no "EV market", there is only an auto market. Because new car buyers have a choice, EV or ICE, it's all the same market, either product will work for over 95% of the market.

Third, the "market", and I presume you mean the fictional "EV market", is nowhere near saturated. Only around one percent of cars on N. American roads are BEVs.

This has got to be in the top 1% of the most misguided posts on this entire forum.
One quarter doesn't make a trend. More importantly, the refreshed Model 3 isn't even fully ramped up.

So they take every opportunity to criticize and paint Elon in a negative way they (the media) can, because Elon Bad. No wonder traditional media is slowly dying.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
Exactly! And you might even know that one company has more pricing power than all the rest put together. In fact, almost all the rest have negative pricing power, which is simply to say they cannot produce EV's without losing money. Even after all the price cuts, Tesla still has room to lower prices further while remaining profitable, if that were necessary to continue eroding market share of ICE vehicles.

The growth of Tesla EV's is still in it's infancy. Because Tesla would not have spent so much time and energy learning how to produces cars increasingly efficiently if they were done expanding production and sales. That's why other companies, legacy auto and oil and gas companies find Tesla so threatening. Because Tesla has proven to have the ability to continue expanding sales in a sustainable manner, and they have every intention of doing so.

The door was left wide-open by legacy auto and that is Tesla's strength, the ability to bring better products to market at prices legacy auto cannot match, now, or in any foreseeable future. And value is so important to new car buyers that this is a winning strategy.
Elon is disrupting multiple industries, simultaneously: media, energy, and of course transportation. The hit pieces on Elon will intensify as he disrupts them more and more.

So whenever we see an article, we must read it with an open mind. What is their agenda? What are they not informing us? What are they trying to hide? What are they spinning?

I can prove to you, without any doubt, that the media constantly bends the truths and manipulates to cast a certain narrative. Once we understand that, getting to the truth is so much easier.

Another excellent post.

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Pricing is the key.

Value proposition on cost of ownership over life of the car is not easily understood against the sticker price shock.
Most people can’t afford to look at the long term price advantages. I mean, look at the proliferation of 84 month car loans. Total cost of ownership means nothing if you can’t afford it. EVs are supposed to be cheaper to build since they have almost no moving parts. We haven’t seen this in practice, and until we do, these are toys for the more affluent.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
If anyone can get the article's evidence and post it here, it'd be helpful.

-Crissa

And now, fire away!

so what??

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Some people assume that the world revolves around CA. It doesn't. ?
Like if CA secedes, US will fall down among 3rd world countries while Cali itself will be in top no. 5? :rolleyes:

And think of the drop in national average IQ with all the hi-tech and knowledge-based enterprises being with the highest concentration in CA. Just read as an example @Crissa post for the knowledge and depth :p

Last edited:
OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Elon is disrupting multiple industries, simultaneously: media, energy, and of course transportation. The hit pieces on Elon will intensify as he disrupts them more and more.

So whenever we see an article, we must read it with an open mind. What is their agenda? What are they not informing us? What are they trying to hide? What are they spinning?

I can prove to you, without any doubt, that the media constantly bends the truths and manipulates to cast a certain narrative. Once we understand that, getting to the truth is so much easier.

Another excellent post.
And we thought it's only Elon who is paranoid? :eek: