• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tesla dropped to No. 3 in Cali

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
California Customer Revenge

Musk must be currying the favor of Californians again by being given priority in Cybertruck delivery.

Lots of lessons here aside from customer revenge.

Elon could have left and moved quietly.

But his narcissism got thr better of him.

Before the fan boiz start shooting this messenger, let me just tell you I am not from California, I am a Tesla long stockholder and a happy Cybertruck owner.

And now, fire away!
Elon is not, by the very definition, a narcissistic person. That's Trump to a T, no pun intended.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Seriously, yes, 99% of my posts were attempts of levity, I should be the first to worry about this news and defend Tesla.

I am a Tesla stockholder and aside from Apple, my portfolio is overweight on it violating my own single-stock exposure limit.

Right now it is so underwater that it had to more than double in price for it to just break-even.

Tesla is still a strong brand and has leadership in tech -- it was decades advanced but now others are catching up.

Unfortunately, it is paying the price of CEO, with Asperger's syndrome. Genius and obsessive (hard working is the positive aspect) but had a Jekyll and Hyde unreigned narcissism, paranoia and autocratic know-it-all (my son who worked at Tesla would attest to these ) frustrating by overturning instructions by his executives who have decades of leadership in manufacturing.

And sadly, with help of his Twitter/X, this is now out in the open and hurting the brand.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
EV sales have just plateaued. Maybe we are at a point where the people who wanted them got them? Now, it’s up to new buyers that will switch from gas cars. Seems harder to get those buyers on board.
Pricing is the key.

Value proposition on cost of ownership over life of the car is not easily understood against the sticker price shock.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
One thing we know more clearly now is EV adoption is not going to be universal or even dominate. Growth curve is softening as the maket gets saturated.
Pure BS.

First of all, cherry-picking one quarter's sales is never a good way to predict the future.

Secondly, there is no "EV market", there is only an auto market. Because new car buyers have a choice, EV or ICE, it's all the same market, either product will work for over 95% of the market.

Third, the "market", and I presume you mean the fictional "EV market", is nowhere near saturated. Only around one percent of cars on N. American roads are BEVs.

This has got to be in the top 1% of the most misguided posts on this entire forum.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
EV sales have just plateaued. Maybe...
This isn't true. Overall sales have continued to increase.

The share of the overall market that are luxury brands shrank. The available EVs were mostly luxury offerings. The EVs didn't shrink as much as the ICE vehicles in that segment.

Bolt sales didn't shrink. And Model 3 was undermined by having a refresh coming out 'some time soon'.

-Crissa

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
@HaulingAss

Agree with you on 3rd and 4th paragraphs.

The rest are unnecessary color. :p

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The rest are unnecessary color. :p
Yeah, because the part of EV adoption not being even or universal is true. Even when they're banning ICE because of pollution, there will be holdouts. People who want to use their Stanley Steamers or whatever.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is that the official stand and statement of all the fan boiz where Elon is the master of the universe and can't so no wrong.

And wah, wah, wah, wah, everyone is ganging up on this poor man boy. ?
I've never seen a single person say Elon can do no wrong.

But those of us who know what Elon has already accomplished are tired of his naysayers, who are persistently wrong, saying he can't or won't do something. Because he has proven his naysayers wrong time and time and time again.

Of course Elon makes mistakes, because he is a human, and no human is perfect. But Elon got to where he is not by the power of luck or being born into it, he got there by being more right than the rest. So when a complete nobody claims Elon is making a big mistake, chances are they don't know what they are talking about.

The proof is always in the pudding. Don't look at what Elon says, look at what he does, what he has done, and what he will probably keep on doing. Specifically, being the single most instrumental human in transitioning humanity from dependency on fossil fuels. Not even Presidents have been as influential. And certainly not even the CEO's of large successful auto manufacturers with many billions of dollars of capital at their disposal.

Sure, those other CEO's say they are transitioning away from fossil fuels, but again, look at what they do, not at what they say.

I find your claim that fans of Elon think he has never done anything wrong lacking in support. No one I know of ascribes to the belief that Elon can do no wrong. You just made that up because you are tired of how successful Elon has been at nearly everything he has done. Nobody is perfect, and no one claimed Elon is perfect. But from a factual standpoint, few can consider themselves his equal. But many pretend to know more about the world he moves in than Elon himself. It's the height of hypocrisy.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pricing is the key.
Exactly! And you might even know that one company has more pricing power than all the rest put together. In fact, almost all the rest have negative pricing power, which is simply to say they cannot produce EV's without losing money. Even after all the price cuts, Tesla still has room to lower prices further while remaining profitable, if that were necessary to continue eroding market share of ICE vehicles.

The growth of Tesla EV's is still in it's infancy. Because Tesla would not have spent so much time and energy learning how to produces cars increasingly efficiently if they were done expanding production and sales. That's why other companies, legacy auto and oil and gas companies find Tesla so threatening. Because Tesla has proven to have the ability to continue expanding sales in a sustainable manner, and they have every intention of doing so.

The door was left wide-open by legacy auto and that is Tesla's strength, the ability to bring better products to market at prices legacy auto cannot match, now, or in any foreseeable future. And value is so important to new car buyers that this is a winning strategy.

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
I've never seen a single person say Elon can do no wrong.

But those of us who know what Elon has already accomplished are tired of his naysayers, who are persistently wrong, saying he can't or won't do something. Because he has proven his naysayers wrong time and time and time again.

Of course Elon makes mistakes, because he is a human, and no human is perfect. But Elon got to where he is not by the power of luck or being born into it, he got there by being more right than the rest. So when a complete nobody claims Elon is making a big mistake, chances are they don't know what they are talking about.

The proof is always in the pudding. Don't look at what Elon says, look at what he does, what he has done, and what he will probably keep on doing. Specifically, being the single most instrumental human in transitioning humanity from dependency on fossil fuels. Not even Presidents have been as influential. And certainly not even the CEO's of large successful auto manufacturers with many billions of dollars of capital at their disposal.

Sure, those other CEO's say they are transitioning away from fossil fuels, but again, look at what they do, not at what they say.

I find your claim that fans of Elon think he has never done anything wrong lacking in support. No one I know of ascribes to the belief that Elon can do no wrong. You just made that up because you are tired of how successful Elon has been at nearly everything he has done. Nobody is perfect, and no one claimed Elon is perfect. But from a factual standpoint, few can consider themselves his equal. But many pretend to know more about the world he moves in than Elon himself. It's the height of hypocrisy.
He's excellent at marketing. I'd say that. Probably about as far as I'd throw the rock though.

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Pure BS.

First of all, cherry-picking one quarter's sales is never a good way to predict the future.

Secondly, there is no "EV market", there is only an auto market. Because new car buyers have a choice, EV or ICE, it's all the same market, either product will work for over 95% of the market.

Third, the "market", and I presume you mean the fictional "EV market", is nowhere near saturated. Only around one percent of cars on N. American roads are BEVs.

This has got to be in the top 1% of the most misguided posts on this entire forum.
Exactly!!!

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
The big three and others make some EV’s but lose money on every one. Their financials can still be relatively good because, like an ICE dealership, the vast amount of their profit come from the “fleet” parts and repair! The big three have huge old fleets.
Ford loses about $130,000 per Mach E. They do separate their income streams and that is their EV math.
Tesla has nearly 5 million in their “fleet” which is mostly captive for service but honestly, Tesla HAS to generate profit from sales because their is just NOT the level and revenue stream per car like ICE cars. No oil changes every 3,000 miles, brakes wearing out because of one pedal driving and simply less parts to replace.
Tesla will be profitable because they are able to ramp up and down production, are fully committed to have less than 30 days of inventory )usually less than 15 days) and Elon is inafraid to do what Thomas Jefferson said is needed. “Refreshing the tree of Liberty” I.e. firing the bottom 10% and thinning management as well. As long as he is there, Tesla will never look anything like the big 3 or even VW or Toyota.
and that is a good thing for shareholders.

CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
All of the “could be” and “may have” makes this an opinion piece, but will be interpreted as fact by those who want to believe.