• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Robot Dog Teaches Itself To Walk an example of how TeslaBot might use AI

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Faith demands abrogation of critical thinking.
Only if you believe what you say is the truth? :cool:

Ultimately, there is no definitive proof, even in science, in fact the scientific method needs to make it improbable as it would otherwise absolve itself of further investigation, defeating the purpose of the method? That means "all fact" is merely a representation and perspective of the things you "believe" to be true at this point in time.

Besides "your truths" don't make it true for anyone else, the only thing we can strive for is a closer approximation to the truth, but that is still not the whole truth.

Further, there is no such thing as a unbiased critical thinker, the shear act of communicating an idea is subject to previous influence by others, whose opinions we also take as fact. How would you raise someone to exclude any other persons ideas? We have a cultural mind, most thoughts aren't our own to begin with.

Maybe faith is an opening to alternative ways of thinking that aren't based on other peoples ideas?

:eek: :p

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I guess down the line it will be truly useful, I would think that as of now it is probably 5 times the work to do it via AI, rather than just old school programming.
There's no real way to teach these thing 'by old school programming'. The response times are too long to go down a traditional decision tree. You need short cuts and interrupts.

The key is to make it not black box, but for the code to be able to explain what it's doing, or at least, what it thinks it's doing.

The best Go AI was programmed by an AI. It knew what shortcuts it was using, and was able to make the next iteration smarter, quicker, and smaller,

-Crissa

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
2024, Artificial Intelligence becomes self-aware and uploads the sum knowledge of mankind that has been digitized.
Chief Programmer for the project submits a question that has plagued humanity since civilized man appeared.
Programmer: "Is there a Supreme Being."
Artificial Intelligence replies: "There is now."

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Most people are totally unprepared for how fast artificial intelligence is going to progress. I predict some Christians and other religious sects will denounce it as "the Devil's work" or say the machine has become posessed.

It's not gonna be pretty because people won't understand it.
I just hope we don’t inadvertently create our own real life Ultron. Don’t give it access to the internet otherwise it’ll hate humanity. lol

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lol well if EM the CEO of the most advanced robotics and AI company warns about the negative implications of AI, and considers it a threat if not regulated properly, then maybe we should heed the warnings too? You need to be in the know, to know, right?

We have invented many technologies without fully grasping the extent of harm they can cause (look at fossils, fiat markets etc) so there's most definitely nothing wrong with caution before adopting a new technology, particularly if it is capable of relative autonomy and can impact the real world and its systems without a fail-safe.

I also think it's quite interesting that the supposed "non-religious" people know so much about religion. :unsure: Now if such people wanted to really understand what most "Christians" miss when they read the good book, then they should simply read it as an "instruction manual to colonise earth". :eek::alien:?? With that insight it makes a lot more sense, rather than the fluffy stuff that is pedalled by popular beleif.

In regards to technology vs religion, I don't always see this being the case, in fact many important scientists were deeply religious, like Newton who wrote more religious texts than he did scientific. I'm yet to determine which texts had greater impact. Maybe there's something to being naturally curious that searching for meaning beyond one's own navel, leads to greater insight into the universe than if done purely on academic achievement, where perspective is colluded from the outset to conform?

Innovation requires one to step out of the comfort zone, but we should always remain fully aware of where the danger zone starts.

In these situations I like to remember that any tool can be used for the right or wrong reasons, and that intent stems from persons, not things. You can use a hammer to build or demolish, so my main concern with this type of tech development is "who" will end up using it for "what".
“the good book”

Hopefully you’re being facetious here. It’s not even a good work of fiction, it contradicts itself a lot and it’s pretty boring in between major plot points.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
“the good book”

Hopefully you’re being facetious here. It’s not even a good work of fiction, it contradicts itself a lot and it’s pretty boring in between major plot points.
Thats what some religious folk call it so...

But do you or don't you agree it's a book about the colonisation of earth by aliens that are not from earth? ;-)

It's a collection of lots of different writers from different eras with centuries of plot holes written on stone and animal hides, found in caves after millennia of language changes. What did you expect? A single conclusive answer or lots more questions?

You know they say you can't expect the right answer if you keep asking the wrong question... ?

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thats what some religious folk call it so...

But do you or don't you agree it's a book about the colonisation of earth by aliens that are not from earth? ;-)

It's a collection of lots of different writers from different eras with centuries of plot holes written on stone and animal hides, found in caves after millennia of language changes. What did you expect? A single conclusive answer or lots more questions?

You know they say you can't expect the right answer if you keep asking the wrong question... ?
I like the idea that of alien colonization lol

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I like the idea that of alien colonization lol
Well read the first chapter otherwise known as the "creation poem" with that thought in mind, and take note of the plural, progressive terraforming and filling of the planet with life. Note the creator of earth can't be "of earth", hence alien by common definition. It's even more obvious later on in the Lords Prayer that Jesus taught. Definite colonisation manuscript. Maybe we can use it for Mars too? Maybe we should tell EM? Lol. I think he already knows.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Well read the first chapter otherwise known as the "creation poem" with that thought in mind, and take note of the plural, progressive terraforming and filling of the planet with life. Note the creator of earth can't be "of earth", hence alien by common definition. It's even more obvious later on in the Lords Prayer that Jesus taught. Definite colonisation manuscript. Maybe we can use it for Mars too? Maybe we should tell EM? Lol. I think he already knows.
Huh looks like I was right about EM:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Trying cajole the religious is hardly condoning magical thinking.

-Crissa
Said the random bag of stary night fairy dust that took eons to jiggle into something approximating a lifeform and climb down from a tree? ?:alien::unsure::rolleyes:?:mad:

Not sure which one of the faiths is harder to believe. ?

My point was that "colonisation" is a common theme, it pre dates EM by a few thousand years, and EM believes it should be done too.

Even the USA and Australia were colonies. We've just gone from building boats to stop our feet from getting wet, to building Starhips so we can continue to breath on other celestial bodies accross the great sea of space.

I think it's somewhat poetic that sailors navigated by those heavenly bodies, and we're dawning into an age where we can navigate between those celestial bodies ourselves. What would they think of such magical myth?

As A.C. Clark wrote:
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Wouldn't that mean that another, alien species that seeded planet earth is actually a viable explanation, but that we simply think its "magic" because we don't understand the technology used? Let alone that historical explanations of it could not be expressed accurately or handed down through generations, for lack of analogy?

A wise approach would not be to dismiss everything, in particular the good things, just because you might disagree with some others.

(BTW EM has said a few times that there could be a Creator - at least take that as a sign of a open mind, for lack of any ultimate proof)

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We have yet to develop general intelligence, maybe we never will.

But if we do, Earth will be one planet for one AI. Good odds for AI.

I think it is conceivable that AI has spawned from the very earliest advanced civilizations in the universe. And has continued to this day.

If so, not too far-fetched to think AI has always been here. I do think that.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

But if we do, Earth will be one planet for one AI. Good odds for AI.

I think it is conceivable that AI has spawned from the very earliest advanced civilizations in the universe. And has continued to this day.

If so, not too far-fetched to think AI has always been here. I do think that.
But maybe its AI without the "A"?

Who would be the Creator of AI? Us?

Then maybe intelligence does not have to be artificial (I know some is for sure!) Rather it can just "be".

For one thing, I know that intelligence needs organisation, and life organises. So maybe life is the intelligence that organises and recreates life, in a symbiotic sustainable cycle, and there never was a beginning or an end, just a place and moment in the cycle. Makes even more sense if time does not exist, outside the consciousness of the intelligence that can see the passage of the sequence of events. :cool:

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
LOL. Yes. I'd say we do have some specific intelligence (Elon as an example). But general intelligence in humans is sometimes pretty debatable.