• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Where will all the New Employees At Giga Texas Plant Live?

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Tesla's new gigafactory in Texas is slated to hire 20,000 workers. But Austin is one of the most booming cities in the country, with an intense lack of housing. Where will all these new employees find a place to rest their head at night?

Neu Community is a development with those employees in mind.

Cybercab Robotaxi Where will all the New Employees At Giga Texas Plant Live? cyber in driveway

Cybercab Robotaxi Where will all the New Employees At Giga Texas Plant Live? cyber back end

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla's new gigafactory in Texas is slated to hire 20,000 workers. But Austin is one of the most booming cities in the country, with an intense lack of housing. Where will all these new employees find a place to rest their head at night?

Neu Community is a development with those employees in mind.

The video talks about the high quality of construction but then at 3:31 they show the rim joist being toe-nailed into the sill plate. Around here that would be a sign of a contractor who just didn't give a crap. ?‍♂

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If I were working at Giga Texas, I'd try to go downsized (renting or buying) and live in a community somewhere outside of Austin, maybe Bastrop, Lockhart, or further out. There is no doubt the realtors in Austin are going to try and limit the choices and minimum prices on buyers, like an oligopoly that they usually try to be. To me it's obvious also, how these realtors just wanted to use Ellie's channel as an advertising medium.

A short commute to avoid some of this would not be that bad at all, especially if driving a Tesla.

Of course one might find a better deal, or maybe not. Personally I like the Boxable Casita unit Elon is staying in down at Boca Chica, if only they made some slightly larger for couples or small families.

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
The video talks about the high quality of construction but then at 3:31 they show the rim joist being toe-nailed into the sill plate. Around here that would be a sign of a contractor who just didn't give a crap. ?‍♂

Understand what your saying, nailing instead of bolting down... Not at all good..

But I believe they're referring to other types of manufacture homes companies.

Cybercab Robotaxi Where will all the New Employees At Giga Texas Plant Live? other manf

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
I was just there and north of the airport they are building tons of new apartments and townhomes. Austin is getting to be a pretty busy place these days.