• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Sneak peak of our side steps

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag
Initial design let us know what you think. We are printing a full scale unit to install next week to get a realtime visual. Material will be all stainless steel with stainless steel hardware and mounts. Finish will be powder coated black.

Last edited:

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Initial design let us know what you think. We are printing a full scale unit to install next week to get a realtime visual
No image attached.

OP
OP
LuckysFabShop

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag
OP
OP
LuckysFabShop

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag
Here is a sneak peak of the Side steps. This is v1 and we made a few small changes. Ill post pics of v2 on a truck so you guys can get a better feel for what it looks like. Any feedback is also appreciated.

Cybercab Robotaxi Sneak peak of our side steps image000000_20
Cybercab Robotaxi Sneak peak of our side steps image000000_19

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
Here is a sneak peak of the Side steps. This is v1 and we made a few small changes. Ill post pics of v2 on a truck so you guys can get a better feel for what it looks like. Any feedback is also appreciated.

image000000_20.jpg
image000000_19.jpg
These seem to be a great fit to also function as rock sliders! They're already low enough profile--as opposed to shelf style steps that stick out further. I can't tell in the pictures, but all you'd need is a closed-off underbody mount (instead of tabs that extend to mount points) that extend ever so slightly lower than the steps. If that could be incorporated, these would be the first rock sliders to market AND be very cool looking steps.

Personal opinion:
I'm more in the market for rock sliders as a simple barrier between the ground and the soft plastic runners. If that could be done, I'll buy a set right away! Having a really good looking, low profile step up would just be a huge bonus for me.

Note:
I'm bias toward the off-road accessory market. I'd like to get these on off-road aftermarket mega thread if possible!

Last edited:
OP
OP
LuckysFabShop

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag
These seem to be a great fit to also function as rock sliders! They're already low enough profile--as opposed to shelf style steps that stick out further. I can't tell in the pictures, but all you'd need is a closed-off underbody mount (instead of tabs that extend to mount points) that extend ever so slightly lower than the steps. If that could be incorporated, these would be the first rock sliders to market AND be very cool looking steps.

Personally, I'm more in the market for rock sliders as a simple barrier between the ground and the soft plastic runners. If that could be done, I'll buy a set right away! Having a really good looking, low profile step up would just a huge bonus for me.

Note: I'm bias toward the off-road accessory market. I'd like to get these on off-road aftermarket mega thread if possible!
Thanks for your feedback. I'll share this with design and engineering.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback. I'll share this with design and engineering.
Thanks!! Objectively, this would significantly widen the target customer base / market you could reach without any draw backs beyond a little more design time. I don't imagine this change would require much more material (?), just how it's shaped and designed really.

Great work, guys!

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
I think they look really slick! I love the design.

One concern I have is that they look shallow. I can imagine someone's toe (because that looks like all that would fit) slipping off. Then that stainless steel serrated edge peeling the skin off their shin like a cucumber.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

One concern I have is that they look shallow. I can imagine someone's toe (because that looks like all that would fit) slipping off. Then that stainless steel serrated edge peeling the skin off their shin like a cucumber.
Good points! Alternatively, devil's advocate, I'd buy these exactly because they're shallow. The dangerous edginess makes me like them more, they fit the CT sharp style better than round tubes.

Certainly may not be for everyone though! For my grandma, I'd just hit entry mode. While on the trail in very high mode in a technical spot and I'm 3' from the ground because front left wheel is up on a boulder, I'd risk my shins and be glad to have them! Otherwise, I don't really see any reason to have steps at all with how low entry is.

OP
OP
LuckysFabShop

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag
Thanks!! Objectively, this would significantly widen the target customer base / market you could reach without any draw backs beyond a little more design time. I don't imagine this change would require much more material (?), just how it's shaped and designed really.

Great work, guys!
Thanks again. That was one of the goals to make it functional but keep it slim so that you dont loose any ground clearance or have it poking far out past the body line.

OP
OP
LuckysFabShop

LuckysFabShop

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
beast
Country flag

Good eye and that is why we 3D print everything before production. The set pictured we printed but it was left in a car on a VERY hot day and they deformed pretty bad and was not straight! We still got them bolted to the truck to get some visuals and simulate how your feet would touch in and out. Found that the cleats/steps need to be 3" longer on each end so your foot/shoe steps at the right spot angle and you don't slip and grind your shin! Next test set will be longer and a bit deeper but at the same time we can also shave a bit off the height so it not too bulky