• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

First Ride Review in Cybercar Robotaxi by Edmunds

DaveF

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/tesla-robotaxi-first-ride-review.html

A quick ride around the block

Let me start by saying that my total ride time in the driverless Tesla was roughly 2 minutes start to finish, and on a completely closed course set up by Tesla. There were Robotaxis driving alongside driverless Model Ys on a route that wound through part of the Warner Bros. Studios lot where Tesla had the event.

The autonomous vehicles were driving roughly 5 mph — nothing too crazy — but did have to avoid occasional pedestrian traffic and, well, each other. I watched as the cars patiently waited for people to cross the street and even use their blinkers when making turns. Tesla's infamous Full Self-Driving tech can occasionally misbehave, but here in this little mostly closed-circuit world, everything went smoothly.

Cybercab Robotaxi First Ride Review in Cybercar Robotaxi by Edmunds IMG_3201_717

During the ride, there were no mishaps to report. The car turned smoothly with every opportunity and kept its composure throughout the several turns on the route. Unlike a current production Tesla using FSD, this car was running what appeared to be demo software specific to the event. It showed my starting point and how long it would take to reach my end destination. These are features that I imagine will make their way into a potential production version.