• đź‘‹ Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Leifmb

First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model X Plaid, Cyberbeast (configured)
Country flag
It looked like a simple composite plastic to me, not carbon fiber.

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
It looked like a simple composite plastic to me, not carbon fiber.
You attended? Lucky you! Did you get to touch / knock on the body at all? Wouldn't painted carbon fiber would be hard to tell from painted plastic?

Leifmb

First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You attended? Lucky you! Did you get to touch / knock on the body at all? Wouldn't painted carbon fiber would be hard to tell from painted plastic?
Yes, I attended and I looked specifically at the material on the edge of the door as it was open and right in front of me. It clearly did not appear to be carbon fiber and instead looked like some plastic of unknown composition (of course), I remember thinking. In true Tesla form, you would expect them to take the least number of steps to manufacture something. My guess is those doors at least were not carbon fiber...but only time will tell as none of us really know, yet.

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
Yes, I attended and I looked specifically at the material on the edge of the door as it was open and right in front of me. It clearly did not appear to be carbon fiber and instead looked like some plastic of unknown composition (of course), I remember thinking. In true Tesla form, you would expect them to take the least number of steps to manufacture something. My guess is those doors at least were not carbon fiber...but only time will tell as none of us really know, yet.
Thanks for the intel.

How was your Cybercab ride experience?

Leifmb

First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the intel.

How was your Cybercab ride experience?
I rode in Cybertaxi 011. It was very smooth! The doors open and close automatically. I tested the windows and swiped through the options on the screen-map (trip) view, games and movies. It was NOT the usual Tesla vehicle interface as the button options were very limited. There was no vehicle settings or information area to see etc. All in all, a very impressive, solid, in-control feel that never gave me any concern about not having the usual controls in front of me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y
I rode in Cybertaxi 011. It was very smooth! The doors open and close automatically. I tested the windows and swiped through the options on the screen-map (trip) view, games and movies. It was NOT the usual Tesla vehicle interface as the button options were very limited. There was no vehicle settings or information area to see etc. All in all, a very impressive, solid, in-control feel that never gave me any concern about not having the usual controls in front of me.
Was it weird or eerie at all sitting in steering wheel less car? Would you consider getting a Cybercab upon release?

Leifmb

First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was it weird or eerie at all sitting in steering wheel less car? Would you consider getting a Cybercab upon release?
Getting in one for a ride-no problem! Buying one as a personal vehicle-no, I like to drive. Buying one as an investment-maybe, or just buy whatever other Tesla that can do the same thing that can also be driven!