• 👋 Welcome! If you were registered on Cybertruckownersclub.com as of October 14, 2024 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password as on Cybertruckownersclub.

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tesla teases new product "CyberVault" .... what is it?!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I’m wildly guessing for fun a Powerwall-like power storage bank for Chinese market, perhaps distinguishes from the Powerwall by having larger capacity for commercial buildings, or instead targeted for use in high-rise apartment units (where most live), or utilize second life vehicle cells/packs?

Form factor seems right. Tracks with the message of “Special form, super power-up.” And China is set to become the world’s fastest-growing energy storage market, overtaking Europe and the United States.

In the states, SunPower has the “SunVault” for residential. In the UK, Powervault has home battery units using repurposed Renault and Nissan electric vehicles batteries.

No clue why Tesla marketing would draft off the CT branding collateral, but maybe it’s a matter of some strange cross-cultural/linguistic resonance in marketing. Sort of the opposite scenario of how the Finnish word for ‘bag’ is ‘pussi’

Cybercab Robotaxi Tesla teases new product "CyberVault" .... what is it?! ED3EEEE9-553A-4201-8099-2CF148F0998A

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2023/03/31/tesla-teases-new-product-cybervault/

Tesla’s Chinese marketing team is fairly active on Weibo, a Chinese social media platform, and today, the company shared a post that appears to be teasing the unveiling of a new production.

The post includes a picture of something hidden under a piece of cloth and the mention of something called “CyberVault”:

Tesla-Cybervault.jpg

The Chinese text says, “Who is the main character this time?” on top, and “Special form, super power up” below. It also includes a countdown to three days, which should mean that whatever it is, it should be unveiled this Sunday.

The “CyberVault” term is leading people to believe that it is related to the Tesla Cybertruck electric pickup truck, but that’s just speculation at this point.
gen4 supper charger ?

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2023/03/31/tesla-teases-new-product-cybervault/

Tesla’s Chinese marketing team is fairly active on Weibo, a Chinese social media platform, and today, the company shared a post that appears to be teasing the unveiling of a new production.

The post includes a picture of something hidden under a piece of cloth and the mention of something called “CyberVault”:

Tesla-Cybervault.jpg

The Chinese text says, “Who is the main character this time?” on top, and “Special form, super power up” below. It also includes a countdown to three days, which should mean that whatever it is, it should be unveiled this Sunday.

The “CyberVault” term is leading people to believe that it is related to the Tesla Cybertruck electric pickup truck, but that’s just speculation at this point.
Who is the main character this time... Perhaps something to do with Optimus?

kev12345

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Country flag
is this the answer to Ford's 80amp charge station pro except with built-in battery backup?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
is this the answer to Ford's 80amp charge station pro except with built-in battery backup?
That’s what I gather here. Love it. Watch it be $500. Reasonable.

if battery back up too, that’ll be… more. Ha

Luke42

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, GMC Sierra Hybrid 3HB (2-Mode)
Country flag
Gun safe.
I have lived the downside of America's gun culture, and I want nothing to do with gun stuff.

If Tesla's brand got mixed up with gun stuff, that destroys the brand for me.

If Tesla gets into gun stuff, I'm out -- I'll sell my MYLR ASAP and GTFO from everything Tesla.

I grew up in rural America with guns and know how to handle one. I don't find them fun or interesting, though, and I've personally lived the downside of American gun culture. After having a experienced a gun-massacre in my community in 2007, and my children having been subjected to multiple credible threats of being massacred at school this year, I want as little to do with guns as possible for the rest of my life. That includes having anything to do with gun-related brands.

If Tesla gets into gun stuff, I'm out of here before you can blink.

Luke42

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The unveiled this in China.

ZERO chance it’s a gun safe.
The point is that fritter63 suggestion that Tesla should sell gun-related accessories is toxic to Tesla brand for a lot of people.

If Tesla were to take a side on the culture-war over guns in America, that would mean that Tesla could only sell cars to about half of the American population (and less than that globally).

Cutting the Total Addressable Market in half is a Bad Idea.

Luke42

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
very aussie take
I'm an American and I feel the same way he does.

I've lost the privilege of being naive about the lasting damage a pair of semiautomatic pistols can do to a community -- when they are in the hands of a person who should never have been trusted with the lives of others.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The point is that fritter63 suggestion that Tesla should sell gun-related accessories is toxic to Tesla brand for a lot of people.

If Tesla were to take a side on the culture-war over guns in America, that would mean that Tesla could only sell cars to about half of the American population (and less than that globally).

Cutting the Total Addressable Market in half is a Bad Idea.
This whole line of conversation is pointless.

It’s in China where I’m pretty sure private gun ownership is illegal.

I doubt Tesla would do a gun safe regardless, since it has nothing to do with their mission. Maybe on their merch page, but even there it makes little sense.